Back at it again.. Just got tank will be new offset smoker.. Come inside with pics!

DownHomeQue

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
As many of you know me and my father built a 250 gallon propane tank offset in 2012. It is in the pic beside the propane tank we just picked up this weekend. We are going to get started on the 600 gallon tank this weekend. We plan to make it exactly the same as the 250 gallon with increased firebox size and Vertical smoker size also. The 250 gallon is on a single axle 5x10 trailer. The 600 gallon will be on 7x14 trailer with and have dual axles with brakes. Will be adding pics along the way! Got this new tank for 125.00 lol not to bad.. but got the 250 gallon free lol

Attachments

• Current Grill and New tank.jpg
    Current Grill and New tank.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 2,790
Last edited:
That's going to be a nice one. Looking forward to your build pics!

Update with pics

Ok I know I took a long time to reply lol but Here is updates on this build. the main chamber will have 2 doors on each side with 3 shelves per side. shelves will be made out of 1 inch tube. Upright smoker is 48" tall, 40 inches wide, 36 inches deep. Will also have doors on each side. 6 shelves in the upright smoker and 2 length wise pieces of rebar in the top for hanging meats. Exhaust coming out of upright smoker are 12" pipe. the intakes on the firebox are 6" 2 intakes per side (moving as much air in as out). Firebox is 30" tall, 40 inches wide, and 40 inches deep (HUGE). here are some pics of our progress

Attachments

• new Smoker 3.jpg
    new Smoker 3.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 2,583
  • Big Grill 6.jpg
    Big Grill 6.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 2,584
  • Big grill 8.jpg
    Big grill 8.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 2,579
oh and tools used.. Harbor freight Grinders 6 so far lol (Burn them up take them back) , a lot of cutting wheels, Miller Thunderbolt XL 30 amp arc welder and a lot of Rods, and a dewalt Chop saw we bought used

Ok guys build is moving right along.. need some help here though.. Need ideas for gas shock assist or spring door lift assist? The doors on this thing are heavy about 90 pounds a piece.. I can open them but I want to do something to help lift them other than a counter balance because there are doors on both sides of chamber any ideas?

This past weekends Progress

Got the door fully cut for Upright smoker.. welding on the hinges

Attachments

• Big Grill 29.jpg
    Big Grill 29.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 916
  • Big Grill 28.jpg
    Big Grill 28.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 913
Back