Captain Ron's Award Winning Chili, Carne Crosta Edition

That's a good looking bowl of chili, made a batch of chili yesterday. Just in time for this cold front coming through.

OK... I have a confession. Actually two.

1. It's 2% greek yogurt instead of sour cream. We've been using it in place of sour cream for a few weeks and it is vert good! I even used it in the beef stroganoff I made the other day.

2. When I went to make the cornbread we were very low on canola oil, and using olive oil in corn bread didn't sound good, so I use apple sauce in place of the rest of the oil. This may have been the best corn bread I've made!

:doh: That's what I get for answering for someone else. Now I gotta try that greek yogurt.

:doh: That's what I get for answering for someone else. Now I gotta try that greek yogurt.

It looks like sour cream! We buy the Fage brand 2%. It has the texture of sour cream and taste very similar, but a lot lower fat and calories. That way I could have more chili :-D

It looks like sour cream! We buy the Fage brand 2%. It has the texture of sour cream and taste very similar, but a lot lower fat and calories. That way I could have more chili :-D

I definitely need to try this!

Back