Alabama Barbecue Legends Documentary

No time to watch it now, but I'll try to at home tonight.

Even just mentioning it makes me think 1/2 chickens with white sauce tomorrow.
(With apologies to AL brethren if that is too stereotypical)

Every time I look at a documentary like this, I get the urge to open a BBQ place. I have to remind myself that I am too lazy now

Me Too. I'm cool with the Meat - it's everything else. Saw several say it started because of getting laid off........ I'm getting laid off next month......... :shock:

Last edited:
Being from Alabama, I've eaten at several of those places and Top Hat in Warrior, Al. is my favorite. First time there was in 1977 and if we are going through B'ham, we go out of the way to hit Top Hat.

This is great, I love documentaries. I'm going to ask probably a very ignorant question, but at the 30 minute mark the guy is dipping his finished chickens in some mixture. What is it and why is he doing it. It doesn't look like bbq sauce.

Thanks for posing the link, I really enjoyed the video. What is the damn deal with dunking chicken into mayo? :puke:I will never understand it.

I went to college with one of the producers. I was aware it was in production a few years ago but only watched it yesterday. Thanks for posting the link.

Great documentary. Lots of ways do to BBQ even from 1 state. Makes me want to cook something and keep it simple.

Thanks for posting. Just watched it. Great music too! It's pretty cool how regional BBQ can be, even within one state. Lots of different takes on cooking BBQ.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this! I LOVE shows like this!

Solid video, though I def started seeing some comments outta left field once they hit the Wood and Sauce portions.

One of the white guys claiming pecan and hickory taste the same ----- BS.

Then one of the black guys claiming "anyone can cook BBQ, it's what sauce you put on it that defines it"...................uh WHAT?

was a great way to spend my sunday morning with a cup of coffee. thanks for posting!

Back