• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Discussion Thread -> "Food Truck Cookin'!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Food Truck Cookin'!"

null_zps53305ff5.jpg

As chosen by CharredApron for winning the "Independence Day" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING:

CharredApron said:
Cook your own version of typical food truck offerings. Burgers, Dogs, Ribs, Sliders, Tacos, Wings, Fried Rice, Etc. Anything goes, however emphasis is placed on the serving method. No fine china or glassware is permitted. :thumb: Entries as always must conform to Rule #5 which states "Entries must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or must prominently feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients which you prepared." Many food truck operators feature dishes that have been grilled or smoked previously and then incorporated into a creative and delicious end product.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/20 through the entry submission deadline of 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 3/30/15.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. Central US Time on Monday 3/30.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Halibut Fish Tacos

This is my entry into the “Food Truck Cooking” throwdown.

I start to make up my tacos. I made this up like I’d get them from a local Taco Stand or Food Truck might serve them. Start with the Halibut.

Now add cheese and slaw.

Add some Tapatio hot sauce,

Now crack a cerveza and we’re ready for the Money shot.

Oh Yeah! :becky:

The entire cook thread can be seen here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=207343

Last edited:
Great looking tacos . :clap2: Glad to see someone in Caif. is still drinking a good beer that you don't have to put a lime in it to get it down. :thumb:

Great looking tacos . :clap2: Glad to see someone in Caif. is still drinking a good beer that you don't have to put a lime in it to get it down. :thumb:
Yes I still drink this stuff and I enjoyed it. Having said that, if I'd had a Corona, Tecate, Modelo or Dos Equis that is what would've been in the picture along with a lime.

I'm an equal opportunity beer drinker and I like everything from Corona, Tecate, Modelo, Dos Equis or Coors Light down to a Porter, Imperial Russian Stout or Guinness and most everything in between.

Now it does depend on what I'm eating along with it as to what I choose to drink. For Fish Tacos and most Mexican food a good ceveza and lime goes great.

I love me some tacos. Tortillas might be my favorite vessel for stuffing my face! Fajitas are a food truck staple down here! This is my official entry to the Food Truck Cookin' Throwdown!

Tasha picked up some choice skirt steak at the store and I marinated it overnight in some Goya Mojo Criolla.

Got the OTG fired up with some lump and grilled the veggies sprinkled with T&B and beef sprinkled with Cattleman's Carne Asada rub. Served it on fine china with grated cheese and avocado slices with a Shiner Bock in a Solo cup...

F43E2C55-1518-4A34-BF43-F8D67FFA89B9.jpg

9A5AA451-E878-44AD-94F0-89E8E6929E50.jpg

3AEA8EBC-321E-4B19-B530-6D5A3AC8332D.jpg

BD87D257-402E-44CE-80F7-AC0652C92529.jpg

DAA0A8DC-5A78-4957-ACD8-40CD0E189F69.jpg

20D5FF1A-CD83-4678-BFBF-337C5DC9BBEA.jpg

C5C4789A-E12A-4C38-A2E4-2B206A3B08E6.jpg

BE1AC8C8-11F1-47F0-9A98-181F16384063.jpg

D156ADDC-7039-4A6E-81AD-BD7BA6643B79.jpg

04235DB8-7BB8-4E89-8E88-DE3E7B05C590.jpg

Polling pic above!

I just saw this in the other TD Have no problems of looking at it twice except it makes me hungry

Last edited:
Please accept this as my official entry in to the "Food Truck Cookin" TD

Behold the new "Buffalo Style Pulled Chickenwich" from "Cluckin Good Chicken"®
Slow smoked, all whitemeat, free range chicken, mopped with Uncle Jed's Original BBQ Sauce and topped with housemade bleu cheese dressing and Franks Redhot Sauce, we put that $*@T on everything. Free fries included if you mention the secret words, " Give me the Floppy Meal"

Official polling pic.

The complete cook thread can be found here. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3202262&postcount=1

Thnks for putting up with me!

Jed

food truck td entry

It is a secret dream of mine to open an illegal ribs stand. Until that day comes I'll have to settle for slinging tacos out of the trunk of a beat up Oldsmobile delta 88.

$5 gets you 2 steak tacos and a solo cup full of faygo rock & rye.

Official food truck entry.

A grilled piri piri chicken sandwich on sweet bread with paprika garlic aioli and piri piri sauce served with brava fries is pure food truck heaven to me.

First for the brava sauce I diced about 1-1/2 cups yellow onion cooked until just tender.

Then I added about 5 garlic cloves, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes and 1 TBS of hot paprika.

Once they were fragrent I added about 20oz whole tomatoes, water, S&P 4 bay leaves simmered until reduced by about 1/2.

Once reduced I blended everything nice and smooth.

Once blended I added 2 TBS vinegar, piri piri sauce for heat and S&P as needed.

The piri piri marinade consisted of 14 cloves of garlic, zest and juice of 1 lemon, 1-1/2 cups crushed pepper, 2 cups parsley, 3 TBS paprika, 1/2 cup red wine vinegar, 1 cup EVOO and S&P. I let the chicken marinade over nite.

Grilled H&F.

These were the buns I used.

Getting toasty.

For the spread I made an aioli seasoned with sweet Hungarian paprika, I wanted a second spread of piri piri sauce but all I had was Nando's which was too thin so I just added some to the aioli and it worked out great, topped with onions and mesclun greens. Plated on my finest paper plate with a side of Brava fries and an ice cold Sumol. Like I said food truck heaven. :thumb:

Vote Pic.

Thanks for lookin'.

Great entries guys. I'm almost embarrassed of my offering. It has no color and you can't see the meat. I'll take my zero up front.

Back