Cornish Game Hen?

blueshound75

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Has anyone thrown a cornish game hen on the smoker or are they a requirement of turning in your man card?

Smoker-ya sure!

But I prefer to marinate and grill them!

100_1906.jpg

100_1907.jpg

100_1909.jpg

We got some of these on sale a while back and I threw them in the NBBD with high heat until they looked done. They were great. We just picked the little buggers up by a leg and ate them Viking style till we couldnt eat any more.

I too grill or grill with the rotisserie. They seem to have a bit more fat than a chicken and benefit more using the grill. I once in a while throw a piece of cheery or apple in for added flavor.

It is very difficult to screw up a Cornish Game Hen unless you try to smoke it....been there...

Cornish Game Hens are very forgiving and very impressive....

Not for smoking... IMHO

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

That rotisserie basket looks like it belongs down at Gitmo.
Turned out some good looking hens. I grill them also

RTD I see you've never tried it..........you should. LOL. I'm doing four today!

I like em too!

100_5951-1.jpg

Also with smoked sausage under the skin....

112-1.jpg

134-1.jpg

135-1.jpg

Dang cowgirl, you just made me spit Coke all over my monitor, that first pic is just flat funny!!!

And rick, what can you say, those are all beautiful...

Just threw a foursome on as we speak. Two with Magic Dust and Two soaked in Mojo. No hot tub action here though. I do have a hot tub and chicks are more than welcome but not this kind. Actually I'm just kidding my wife would murder me. And it ain't my day to die.

Looking good there Skidder, im about to fire up the kettle w/ some sirloin steaks and skewered shrimp

I just did some tonight, but I generally don't smoke them. Indirect cooking on the kettle works great, and doesn't take anywhere near as long if you are in a hurry. Here's some pics:

img_0240-300x234.jpg

img_0124-300x240.jpg

Back