Pork Butt n Tatoe, Chile Waffles

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I've made this before, usually with smooshed tatoes but went with shredded this time.
Instead of making potato "cakes" fried in a skillet, I like to use the waffle iron. It goes faster.

bacon%20sammich%20015res_zps7bs0ps4y.jpg

Gave the pork butt a coating of Kenny's and some Special Sh*t.

bacon%20sammich%20013res_zpssicqcw2p.jpg

into the drum with hickory, til pull apart tender (about 8 hrs)

bacon%20sammich%20021res_zpsde9is7ym.jpg

ppork%20n%20bbq%20shrimp%20001res_zps0wsvnkaz.jpg

ppork%20n%20bbq%20shrimp%20008res_zps6ojkupc2.jpg

made a meal of snacking on the smoked pork that night.
fork shot...

ppork%20n%20bbq%20shrimp%20013res_zpsi3fkppc5.jpg

The next morning I made my tatoe waffle mixture. Hash browns, pulled pork, onions,

pp%20tater%20cakes%20003res_zpsjubwsxxh.jpg

scallions, hatch chilies

pp%20tater%20cakes%20006res_zpsmhqi657i.jpg

more special stuff...

pp%20tater%20cakes%20008res_zpsjskp9lqx.jpg

flour, eggs, seasonings and milk to make the batter...

pp%20tater%20cakes%20010res_zpsqwotnlcl.jpg

pp%20tater%20cakes%20012res_zpsfbargfno.jpg

tried not to overfill the waffle iron like I usually do... :)

pp%20tater%20cakes%20014res_zpsjvlp31g0.jpg

I like the tatoe waffles to be crispy...

pp%20tater%20cakes%20016res_zps27totrmg.jpg

Topped with an egg...

pp%20tater%20cakes%20021res_zpsxsvmkkwx.jpg

pp%20tater%20cakes%20032res_zpsiiibkxoq.jpg

Decided to add some of my home canned Hatch chile sauce..

pp%20tater%20waffle%20006res_zpsmmejt7zb.jpg

That was it, breakfast! A pulled pork, shredded tatoe, chile waffle.

pp%20tater%20waffles%20003res_zpsmwuhhnyo.jpg

I like the way the shredded tatoes turned out. Will use them again in the future.

Thanks for looking!

Try Milberger Farms store in Pueblo if you find yourself near there. They roasted and froze on site. Great flavor, meaty and milder- but no loss of flavor.

How long does it take to cook? At what temp setting? Do the taters on the inside get soft before the egg in the mix starts to burn? This gives me some good ideas but the one thing that won't fly for me is browned or burned egg.

How long does it take to cook? At what temp setting? Do the taters on the inside get soft before the egg in the mix starts to burn? This gives me some good ideas but the one thing that won't fly for me is browned or burned egg.

I set the waffle iron to the darkest setting. Not sure how long that is. A few minutes. I like the tatoes to be crisp.
The insides are like potato pancakes and the outsides are crisp.
You don't taste the egg, it's in the batter.
I agree... I don't like brown or burnt eggs. :grin:

So you have to tell us the thought process. In the kitchen on Saturday morning and just thought- hey a smoked puller pork, shredded tatoe chili waffle with a fried farm fresh egg with homemade hatch chili sauce might be ok this morning?!?! Looks and sounds great. Thanks for sharing the build/cook and pics.

So you have to tell us the thought process. In the kitchen on Saturday morning and just thought- hey a smoked puller pork, shredded tatoe chili waffle with a fried farm fresh egg with homemade hatch chili sauce might be ok this morning?!?! Looks and sounds great. Thanks for sharing the build/cook and pics.

:laugh::laugh: Yes, that's pretty much what happened. :becky:

I've made these before and liked them. Last time I used leftover smooshed potatoes but this time I had shredded on hand.
Thank you!! :mrgreen:

Even in WP you still kick butt Neighbor. :-D Love Special Sh**. It's a great rub with no sugar. Actually almost out so thanks for the reminder.

I just get happier and happier as I scroll down through your posts - this one especially! I love that! Very inventive and very cool Jeanie - I have no doubt it was absolutely delicious!

This... is truly awesome...

it's time to hit the sack here, and I find myself wanting your breakfast before I go to bed.

I'm not sure I should give in... but Momma would quickly change my mind
(read as: kick my arse... I get the feeling that her brown belt would make an appearance).

Really got to stop looking at your threads! Makes me too hungry! Yet another awesome cook.

Looks good. What you think about that sh!t rub? I seen another person here use it.

Wow that's a great looking breakfast Jeanie!

I'd try making it but don't even own a waffle iron any more, might have to get one now. :)

Back