• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

North East Bash

Yakfishingfool

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Would there be any interest in a bash centered in the Oneonta area of New York at a campground(Beaver Spring Lake)? I'm looking at organizing. There is 20 amp with water, a pool, a lake for fishing and about 30 minutes from the baseball hall of fame. Chime in if you'd be up for it. Reasonable rates for camping. May have to cook a bit extra for the seasonals ;) Scott

it sounds like a great idea Scott... I'd make every effort to attend if the dates work out for me.

checked the website... http://www.beaverspringlake.com/

how funny is this ? July 16 - 18
pig.gif
PORK BBQ SOCIAL

Smoked BBQ Pork ($), Games, Hay Wagon Ride, Bingo ($) Moonlight Swim

I used to stay at this campground in Wurtsboro off route 209 in the summers.. At the time it was operated under a different name called Wanderwood. Haven't been there in 20 years.. brought back a lot of memories just now. www.catskillmountainranch.com

Last edited:
hmmmm I don't know something about a place that advertises "Geezers Gulch" as a selling point...........
how about we do it at Sled's country house?:becky:

yeah the BBQ event is a couple of the locals cooking on some modified ECB's. A bit lame but I haven't really been there for that event. As for dates was looking after rib fest to early september. What about August 27-29 or sept 11-12? Anybody have better suggestions, could even go to later september. Will talk to Betty and Bob at the campground as well. The fishing is good albeit small freshie stuff. Will ahve a couple of yaks there as well. If dates no good this year we could carve a weekend for next year now and make bigger/better plans. Scott

yeah the BBQ event is a couple of the locals cooking on some modified ECB's. A bit lame but I haven't really been there for that event. As for dates was looking after rib fest to early september. What about August 27-29 or sept 11-12? Anybody have better suggestions, could even go to later september. Will talk to Betty and Bob at the campground as well. The fishing is good albeit small freshie stuff. Will ahve a couple of yaks there as well. If dates no good this year we could carve a weekend for next year now and make bigger/better plans. Scott

I'd likely have to pass on those dates:

8/27-29: with BOTB and HV Ribfest both in Aug., being gone 3 of 4 weekends in the month isn't doable for me.

9/11-12: Likely headed to Chicago this for week long trade show. This rules out the next weekend for me too as I'd be traveling back. (Muzzolo may be having his BBQ @ West Point for the WTC around this time too.)

Discussing dates now for next year could work too, but too soon to for me to confirm.

Last edited:
No, but if you want to get picked on we could figure something out ;) They have the basic kiddie stuff. Nice pond filled with nice bass and blue gills, pickerel, perch. Good fun. I will get some dates this weekend. Going to talk to the owners. Scott

Scott - Does this campground have teatherball ?

No, but if you want to get picked on we could figure something out ;) They have the basic kiddie stuff. Nice pond filled with nice bass and blue gills, pickerel, perch. Good fun. I will get some dates this weekend. Going to talk to the owners. Scott

I hate teatherball...

but Muzzlebrake and I were just curious if a teatherball pole could serve double duty for on-site poledancing.

:bow:

No, but if you want to get picked on we could figure something out ;)

you are trying to get a party going at a place that proudly proclaims the virtues of "Geezer Gulch" and you are threatening to pick on someone??
so when Glee is over and you read this, just remember we have pics of you in those shorts

Geezer gulch...I've not even heard that one...going over this weekend will look for it. A beautiful area for a motorcycle ride if you're ever interested. Ride along Lake Otsego, to Glimmerglass, a quick trip through Cooperstown. Just a nice area. As for the shorts...you are fascinated aren't you. Should I bring them along? You on the pole with Militant Squatter and me in my shorts....GGGRRRRrrrrrrrr.....

Geezer gulch...I've not even heard that one...going over this weekend will look for it. A beautiful area for a motorcycle ride if you're ever interested. Ride along Lake Otsego, to Glimmerglass, a quick trip through Cooperstown. Just a nice area. As for the shorts...you are fascinated aren't you. Should I bring them along? You on the pole with Militant Squatter and me in my shorts....GGGRRRRrrrrrrrr.....
:puke:

okay so this won't be a child friendly event? lol :confused:

check out the rates and reservations page about halfway down, pic on the right hand side.

I have been all over that part of the state, spent a lot of time there. It is a beautiful place to ride. Some of my favorite secret spots are in Otsego County.

I am fascinated in the shorts in a train wreck/horror movie/bad dream kinda way! :hand:

Back