• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

IN PROGRESS: Discussion Thread -> "WSM/Bullet Smoker vs. Kamado!" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"WSM/Bullet Smoker vs. Kamado!
"

WSMvsBGE2_zps2698a7d4.jpg

As chosen by Toast for winning the "Beef: It's What's for Dinner" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

Toast said:
For the next TD let's answer the question that has been pondered for years by back yard BBQ'ers. Which makes better BBQ, the WSM/Bullet Smoker or the Kamado? Mankind deserves to know!

Rules are simple. Open choice of meat. Smoke your dish showing at least one shot of your smoker. Spirited debate and discussion on which cooker is better is encouraged!
Thanks to you and the Guys for running the TD's,
Mike

Hmmm...this could get interesting! :eyebrows:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/20 through Sunday 6/29.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 6/30

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

***The below disclaimer is intended to prevent any and all douchebags from committing any and all forms of douchebaggery in the wrong place. BE ADVISED***

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules WILL be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Well, what if I use a bullet smoker AND a kamado for my dish? I have both with the Cajun Bandit and Akorn. If Redhot lets me use the Akorn, that is.

Well, what if I use a bullet smoker AND a kamado for my dish? I have both with the Cajun Bandit and Akorn.

I don't think that was quite what Toast had in mind...besides, why would you want to use a silly stupid bullet smoker when you have an exponentially superior cooker in every possible way in the form of your Akorn Kamado?

Have you lost your mind? :confused:

:mrgreen:

Awaken WSM Army! Let's show that BBQ made in a Bullet Smoker is better than any cooked in a flowerpot!

Oh, Moose? I think silverfinger should get an automatic DQ because of the brisket making machine that it is. :cool:

So do we DQ silverfinger or his Kamado?

OH! Just his Komado what with it being built around 1960 and all.

All kidding aside, I've seen 2 briskets come off that rig. It really is a fine machine...for being a flowerpot and all. :grin:

Don't forget, I also finished my Cowboy chop one one of those "flower pots". You remember that TD, don't you? Mine was the plate that had the beef and nothing but the beef, free of any distracting sides.

:mrgreen: :caked: :fish:

Hmmmm might have to enter this one :wink:

imagejpg1_zpsf7278d8b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

You should my Friend! I just don't understand why anyone would want an insulated smoker (in CA. or LA.) when your 1st 100* are free. I can see a flowerpot up North in the Winter though.

It should be fun though.

Back