Discussion Thread -> "Chops!" Throwdown (Entries and Quality ON TOPIC *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is...

"Chops!
"

DSC_1219.jpg

These are some lamb chops I cooked. They were delicious! :hungry:

As chosen by buzz53 for winning the "Salad for Bigglesworth" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

buzz53 said:

Well then. Doesn't get much simpler than that, right? :mrgreen:

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/13 through Sunday 6/22.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 6/23

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

The ENTRY and VOTE threads will follow Q-Talk rules, meaning QUALITY ON-TOPIC discussion of the category or entries only, please. Discussion is encouraged to take place in the DISCUSSION THREAD, but if you want a recipe, or are looking for details or have QUALITY ON-TOPIC comments to make about an entry or the category you can make them in the ENTRY or VOTE thread. Non-quality posts that are made here will be deleted and the offending member will be asked why they couldn't just post in the DISCUSSION thread instead, and in extreme cases or repeat offenders, disciplinary action WILL happen.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
I reckon I'll start this show! Please accept this as my Official Entry into the Chops Throwdown.

I started with a half a pig that I just had delivered on Friday.

Broke down the primals and cut the entire loin in half one side for chops and the other for a couple of roasts.

I choose two nice chops and dug out my Don Marco's Rork Rub

Slathered them in mustard and applied the rub

Then I popped them on the mini UFO kettle

Wearing my piggie shirt crutch!

And sauced with my homegrown cherry bbq sauce! My polling pic if you please!

Thanks for lookin and Who's Moose?

Do we need one of those special rules? HeHe :tape::doh: Anything chops, bone or no bone. Where is Moose? Vote for Moose! :decision:

Four finger chops

my second ever TD and I'm pushing the limits. Although chops typically have a bone I found nothing starting a chop must contain one. If I'm gonna enter a boneless chop I better step it up as much as possible.

I started with a pork lion trimmed it up and cut two large chunks off the small end. These are thick, 4 fingers thick, hence the name. I seasoned them with store bought smokehouse maple rub. Something was missing I was still worried about being DQed. Everyone loves bacon, so I wrapped a little around the pork and sprinkled a little black pepper on the bacon. I'm close but I needed some insurance. Those taters I can never remember the name of that are sliced but not through and cooked whole. Everyone loves those. Who could discount an entry with those. Had a bare spot on the plate and needed some color so I invited corn on the cob to the party.

"Chops" prepped

First time using new fire style technique (weed burner)
I just had to hit the turbo, bad idea made a mess everywhere.

Plated pic.
Official entry photo

I still have a long way to go to making what I call a quality TD entry. Besides the obvious (I need to use a camera not a phone) I've noticed a few things I can do better. Tips would be appreciated.

This seems like fun. .............. so far.

Back