Thanks to peeps, my first KFC tonight (pRon)

Smoke®

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
After reading peeps post I did a little searching today on the forum and put together a batter for my chicken thighs. I got my batter made, on the chicken and spritzed with melted butter and back in the fridge while I got my mini fired up. I put it on life support with the IQ and pushed it to 375°. I use fig wood today and love the flavor. I served the chicken with chopped lemon cucumber and tomatoes from the garden drizzled with Blackberry vinaigrette.

p880740394.jpg

p776076121.jpg

Looks delicious! Love the looks of your side dish too, very nice!

That looks awesome! I hope in your searching you came across N8man's threads on his chicken. I stole it from him. If you ain't seen his, you are missing out. But from the looks of yours, you ain't missing out by much!!! :thumb:

If you like chicken fried steak, or in GA, country fried steak, you can use the KFC technique to make kettle fried steak, too.

CD

If you like chicken fried steak, or in GA, country fried steak, you can use the KFC technique to make kettle fried steak, too.

CD
I was wondering about that when thinking about what to make tonight....thanks! I think I remember your post on it several months back...before you went rogue! :wink:

Looks delicious! Love the looks of your side dish too, very nice!

It was very good. Thanks!

Looks good. What did you use to make the batter? Was it homemade?

I made the batter using self rising flour, evaporated milk, a pinch of baking soda, and spice to your taste. Dipped in flour and then the pasty mix.

Better than kfc... Looks dang tasty

It was!!!

That looks awesome! I hope in your searching you came across N8man's threads on his chicken. I stole it from him. If you ain't seen his, you are missing out. But from the looks of yours, you ain't missing out by much!!! :thumb:

Thanks, I read quite a few post but will go back and check N8man. This chicken was so crispy, moist, and tender at those temps, I was surprised.

CD

Thanks brother, I may be going after some cubed steak or veal today!

Thanks again to all you folks
Ron

Back