Saucy Italian Sausage Pizza

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I find that most pizza places don't put enough sauce on their pizzas to my liking, sometimes even when I ask for extra. I like a really tomato-ey robust rich tasting pizza, and that requires extra sauce!

Usually, I load up the sauce on the pie before I add the cheese and toppings, but this time, I decided to add the extra sauce on top. Also, I used some wonderful Italian Sausage from back east I found at my local market that is probably the best Italian sausage I've ever had - super sweet, savory, and not too fatty. It worked out quite well:

Just out of the Blackstone:

IMG_2344_zpsfiofzljz.jpg

Sliced:

IMG_2345_zpsv5t7kfoz.jpg

IMG_2346_zpsn4npndvt.jpg

My first serving, but not last:

IMG_2347B_zpss0qub8kb.jpg

IMG_2348_zpsyby8fhy8.jpg

It was super tasty!

You make awesome pizza. I am just beginning to experiment with pizza on my WSCG. How hot do you typically run your set up? Thanks

You make awesome pizza. I am just beginning to experiment with pizza on my WSCG. How hot do you typically run your set up? Thanks

Thanks, Plumb!

I usually look for a stone temp of anywhere between 625-675 degrees using an infrared thermometer. At this temp, the pizza cooks in about 3 minutes, 4 minutes max.

Man that looks tasty! Are you able to get a crispy crust with all that sauce or is it a fork/knife kind of pie?

Looks wonderful!

Good move with the extra sauce on top. Too much on the base really gums up the crust from my experience.

Back