Cooked for the tailgate tonight and while I was at it I cooked some ribs too

bobaftt

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Decided to cook a little pulled pork for my first football game at Lane Stadium.

Injected the pork butts Tuesday night put it on the smoker Wednesday morning and took it off weds about 11:30. Temps never got above 230 and it was a pretty pleasant cook until it started raining about 6:30. Used Bad Byrons Butt Rub for the pork butts.

half rack of ribs were rubbed with Bad Byrons and my half was rubbed with simply marvelous spicy apple. Man thats some good stuff. I mixed some apple juice, some blues hog and some tennessee red to glaze the ribs with. Cooked for around 5 hours and then finished them on the gasser at a little higher heat.

Also did pit beans that you can see on my plate. I ran out of sweet baby rays so they only got about half as much barbecue sauce as I wanted them to get. Hope yall enjoy the Pron and GO VT!!!

PB030406.jpg

PB030405.jpg

PB020404.jpg

PB020403.jpg

PB020402.jpg

PB030419.jpg

PB030417.jpg

PB030416.jpg

PB030415.jpg

PB030414.jpg

PB030412.jpg

PB030411.jpg

PB030410.jpg

PB030408.jpg

That's some tastey looking pork you have there.

Nice job! The pork looks great and the ribs look very juicy! I'm a Deviled Egg fan and those look great, too!

Very nice! I'd love to have some of that 'que right now.

Man, them ribs are calling me! I thought I never wanted to see another rib for at least another whole day, but these have me changing my mind!:cool:

The tailgate was a huge hit! Everybody ranted and raved about the pork (I wasn't that impressed) and the beans dissapeared quickly. More importantly I think I may have found the hook up on some tickets for in the future.

Back