Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Kansas Winter Q, Great Bend, KS - Feb 11 & 12, 2011

We're in,
Great Bend weather: 2 degree low tonight and 10 mph winds. I think I'll sleep on the ground! :)

We're in,
Great Bend weather: 2 degree low tonight and 10 mph winds. I think I'll sleep on the ground! :)

Everyone sleeps indoors Doug, they have a pole barn where you can set up inside. You put your trailer and cookers outside, and hang inside where it's warm...my kind o' contest. :-D

We'll see you there!

Everyone sleeps indoors Doug, they have a pole barn where you can set up inside. You put your trailer and cookers outside, and hang inside where it's warm...my kind o' contest. :-D

We'll see you there!

So you are sayin if you do not have a camper you could survive it?

We'll see you there!

I didnt know that, how much room do you get inside?
We normally entertain customers friday night. Can anyone get inside?
We've got a toy hauler so cook wise we're OK but that does sound fun.

We're planning on being there....looking forward to seeing everybody!!!

I didnt know that, how much room do you get inside?
We normally entertain customers friday night. Can anyone get inside?
We've got a toy hauler so cook wise we're OK but that does sound fun.

The teams that set up inside usually have a table or 2 to do their prep work and boxes, etc. They usually have a few chairs around and some set up cots to sleep. How much room you have will depend on how many teams use the indoor setup. Last year with 56 teams there was still plenty of room to roam. Anyone can come inside, we are planning to do a chili supper Friday evening, we would like everyone to bring a quart of chili which we will blend together and serve. Last year there was a keg or two of beer available also. We have an appetizer contest Friday evening, that a lot of the teams make extra and set out for grazing. Friday evening is also the Calcutta auction, so bring cash.

David Keyse
BBQ Committee

The website is now updated, www.centralkansasbbq.com . Kent will be cooking breakfast Saturday morning, bacon and eggs, anyone who wants to bring a potluck breakfast item would be appreciated. I hope to see lots of Brethren there!

We had a BBQ committee meeting last night. Kent has 49 teams so far that have indicated they are coming. Of course the weather could change that so we are keeping our fingers crossed. There is plenty of room and with 3 weeks left we hope to have another 10 to 20 teams get signed up.

We are having a judging class on Thursday, Feb. 10 starting at 6pm. If anyone is interested let me know. Kent's plan for the new judges is instead of sending them in to judge, he is pairing them up with cook teams to observe what goes on outside, so they have a better idea of what it takes to prepare and present the meats.

David Keyse
BBQ Committee

We're in and I've also heard Wild Blue's going to be there. Looking forward to another great event (just not the drive :shock:)

Well, we guess by now you know that we'll be there and looking forward to a very interesting event. So glad Kent asked us to be involved. Looking forward to the CBJ class as well. But actually, we're looking forward to tasting some of Kelly's food!!! Heard he's feeding a few.:thumb:

Rich and Bunny
KCBS Reps and...KCass "kicks"

The Clark Kent Super Smokers will be there! We are going to attempt a bare bones set up inside the armory. It should be a fun event

The Clark Kent Super Smokers will be there! We are going to attempt a bare bones set up inside the armory. It should be a fun event

Brian, We're bringing our trailer so let us know if we can pack/bring anything for you.

Back