Lone Star coming home

cheez59

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Amber called today to tell me my smoker is done and shipping. It should be here by the first of the week. YeeHaw! I leave Monday for a 10 day job out of town. I reckon when I get back I will have to take a day or two off to get the thing inaugurated. Pics to come.:becky:

Wow, I would hate to know I just got a brand new smoker and had to leave for ten days!
Congratulations, I know the wait will be worth it!

Jack

Wow, I would hate to know I just got a brand new smoker and had to leave for ten days!
Congratulations, I know the wait will be worth it!

Jack

They got it finished well over a month sooner than Chris estimated but I am ready to get cookin fo sho. :becky:

I thought you where on a beer run:oops: Congrats be watchin for the update.
I wish we could get Lonestar beer here. I have to settle for Shiner but that's not hard to take.:wink:

Great news Cheez. When again did you place your order? I know both of ours were being built at the same time. I was planning to go get mine next Friday if it was done by then. Wondering if I should be looking to change my schedule.

Great news Cheez. When again did you place your order? I know both of ours were being built at the same time. I was planning to go get mine next Friday if it was done by then. Wondering if I should be looking to change my schedule.
12/28/15 But there is a catch. They build them 4 at a time according to the size i.e. 4 large, 4 mini's but never large and mini at the same time. They started mine actually on 2/4 and finished it yesterday. I got lucky as there was someone who changed his mini order and mine was due to be built in the next batch. Mine got moved up. Yours probably got fabricated this week and they will paint and assemble and have it ready next week.

Best thing to do is call Chris. Amber is off today so he will answer the phone if you call.

Ah, I thought you had ordered the large. Yeah, I heard that they do 4 at a time. I mentioned to Chris that it would be great if he took some pictures along the build process (like another well respected builder here does). He was thinking of making a video to show the whole process. Not exactly what I was thinking, less personal, but would be cool none the less.

Nope, not going to bother them. Next week as planned is fine. Moving up to this weekend would be exciting, but also a bit stressful.

Back