Does anyone know about this brand of brisket?

bjarolim

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Found this in the paper and seeing if its quality product or not...

Attachments

• 20160620_151131.jpg
    20160620_151131.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 267
At a guess, it's a private brand. Beef grading is a tricky thing. From
http://meat.tamu.edu/beefgrading/
"Graders evaluate the amount and distribution of marbling in the ribeye muscle at the cut surface after the carcass has been ribbed between the 12th and 13th ribs. Degree of marbling is the primary determination of quality grade."
In the end, it's up to you to decide, based on what you see in a piece of meat. The further away from the above location, the more this is true.

That brand is what a local supermarket features. They have a full service staff in the meat department and for the most part it's quality meat. A lot of folks from Rancho Santa Fe (San Diego's version of Beverly Hills) buy their meat there.

I'd give it a try!

There is a meat market near here that specifically recommended that brand to me. I was looking for a national beef Angus brisket for a friend for a contest. I asked the butcher of they had any, and unprovoked started singing the praises of chairman's reserve.

Still haven't cooked any, but that's a good sign.

Looks like I'm gonna be spending at least $50 at the grocery store Wednesday then. If it isn't any good at least it'll be a good practice run for my new smoker

What grade is it labeled? Choice, select or prime?

Regardless that's a great price!

I'd concern my self with Breed & USDofA grading, the name of the meat packer is meaningless.

I just can't believe the price difference in brisket. Here it is now at 7.99 a pound....dammit

That brand is sold in the Hyvee stores around here. Should be upper choice and we all can debate what Angus means.:roll:

Says choice right there in the ad....seeing as its bout a buck and a half cheaper than regular prices I'm gonna have to give it a go

I just can't believe the price difference in brisket. Here it is now at 7.99 a pound....dammit

At the chain grocery stores here, it is that price. But at small meat market I get all my meat from it is 2.99/lb. Find a butcher shop and you might find a better deal.

Back