• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

63-day Dry-Aged Cowboy Chop Cooked! PRON!

Thanks everyone for the warm reception! I really do have fond memories of this cut of meat and plan to cut out more thick cowboy chops in future subprimals. The process for grilling them is a bit involved with all the basting and turning, but it was really worth the effort. Although the outside crust looks almost black on the pictures, in real life it was a really deep and rich looking reddish brown. I think this was the result of the multiple bastings with seasoned butter...the Maillard reaction. The outside of the meat essentially deep-fried itself over the coals. Gave a really nice and very savory crust...no burned charred flavor at all.

That looks great James. :thumb: :thumb:

Great minds must think alike as I cooked something similar. :thumb:

Wow that is stunning! I'll take the rib bone please.:becky:

I'm afraid my baby girl swiped the bone! She got nice and greasy gnawing on it...and then wouldn't let it go...got real upset when the dog snuck it away from her. But that's how tender the meat was after 63 days. I think 60 days or so is my preference for dry-aged ribeye and NY strip.

Nice steak and cute grill!
Go any more pics of the grill?

Here ya go! It's a little terracotta grill with a cheapie wire grate...

w0WaYTyh.jpg

And we all think the last steak we cooked was a steak. Nope, that is a steak! Great job

The inside is perfect man,,,,,but,,,,,all that charcoal on the out side is a bit much for MY taste..

i really like a crust but dont like burnt..

but to each his own and i like the pix :)

You dont belong on this forum with such Blasphemy talk.

Back