• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First time at Academy

Neil

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
The wife and I are down in Arkansas visiting her aunt and today we went down to Little Rock to do some shopping. As we were heading to Sam's Club I noticed an Academy Sporting Goods store on the right. Told everyone we needed to stop there because it gets a lot of mention on the brethren web site. NICE STORE! Right out front was a New Braunsfel Longhorn Deluxe Smoker for $594. Inside they had a NB Bandera for $198. Best selection of barbeque related products of any store I've ever been before. There were four aisles devoted to Barbeque! Those of you who have Academy stores in close proximity are fortunate. Bought a jap holder and a double beercan chicken rack for $22 total.

FOUR isles devoted to 'Q? Sweet! Hope they have expansion ideas for Florida someday!

Holy Smokes!!!

Now that is a store I can chill in for more then 20 seconds. LOL - my wife hates shopping with me because I am always looking at the front door.

Darn it, no stores in Colorado!

FOUR isles devoted to 'Q? Sweet! Hope they have expansion ideas for Florida someday!

There's one up in Pensacola and I thought I'd seen one up around Brooksville but I dont' see it listed in their locator.

I used to shop Academy a lot in San Antonio. My canoe came from there and I bought my youth basketball team's jerseys, a lot of camping gear, etc.

It's where I got my 'Dera and my Grub Rub...most people think of it as a sporting good store...which it is. But it's Academy Sports AND Outdoors...goo dselection og rubs and accessories.

jgh1204 said:
Should have grabbed some Angelo's Beef Rub and Angelo's Pork/Chicken Rub, assuming they carry those in the Arkansas stores.

I'll have to try that next time. I was looking at the Angelo's rub but figured I had enough in the cupboard at this time.
Or should I say, the wife figured I had enough at this time!

racer_81 said:
Searched for hours but I found it.

www.academy.com

This sucks....
No locations were found within 250.00mi. Please expand your search or modify your search criteria.

This sucks....
No locations were found within 250.00mi. Please expand your search or modify your search criteria.
Last time I looked Tulsa was the closest to me, Little Rock might be closer to ya jt.

Neil said:
jgh1204 said:
Should have grabbed some Angelo's Beef Rub and Angelo's Pork/Chicken Rub, assuming they carry those in the Arkansas stores.

I'll have to try that next time. I was looking at the Angelo's rub but figured I had enough in the cupboard at this time.
Or should I say, the wife figured I had enough at this time!

Explain to her that we are worried about your current supply and then show her what happened to TK...I bet you get your bottle of rub :twisted:

Explain to her that we are worried about your current supply and then show her what happened to TK...I bet you get your bottle of rub

You need rub - look through my store window. No Angelo's.

jgh1204 said:
I figured I would wait 10 years until he got low again.

TK, when you get down to 6 year supply left, remind us & we'll restock ya. Don't want ya to run out.

Back