Pork Riblets?

As sold in stores, they are mostly the trimmings from spareribs when cut to Saint Louis style. At least around here they are.

I usually grill them direct over medium hot coals, seasoned with my dry bbq rub. That is it.

Here they are called rib tips, and they are common in Chicago bbq. When I trim spares to St. Louis style, I save the rib tips and freeze them. When I have a bunch, I smoke them while I have other stuff going on the smoker. Then pull off as much meat as possible and use the meat in chili.

People call different things riblets.....

These kind are the ones we get around here....

http://www.amitypacking.com/riblets-pages-55.php

10# box a lot of times 10 bucks.....

They're pretty good, like qman says, a direct grill.....only 1/4-1/2" thick mostly.....sometimes marinate with something to keep 'em juiced up a bit.....

There are two types of riblets out here, the rib tips, leftover trim from cutting to St. Louis, which is kinda rare to find. And sectioned ribs, saw cut about 2" long, from the spareribs themselves. These are quite common, as the Chinese restaurants use a lot of them.

There are two types of riblets out here, the rib tips, leftover trim from cutting to St. Louis, which is kinda rare to find. And sectioned ribs, saw cut about 2" long, from the spareribs themselves. These are quite common, as the Chinese restaurants use a lot of them.
Yeah. We don't see the sectioned ones in the meat counters in the grocery stores much. I ask for them sometimes and grill them too. Seems a lot of folk in my area like SL style ribs but do not want to trim them.
So we see a lot of the trim in the store. Cheap too.

Back