• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

If you want something done right then do it yourself

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
It is universally agreed that beef back ribs are always over trimmed, never enough meat left on the bones. Well a few weeks back I scored some standing rib roast for $5.55 lbs. I cut one into steaks, another into a boneless rib roast. I took the liberty of trimming off the ribs for a later meal. Best looking backs I've ever seen!

Served up simple with a side of rice and a baked sweet potato.

Thanks for watching

Very nice. I plan on doing the same when prime rib goes on sale.

Awe that looks good. I've got a guy I work with who raises/sells beef on the side. He says nobody who ever orders beef from him wants the ribs. So I get'em. Free.

Ninja with a knife. Scary shish!! Very scary

This thread is full of WIN!
Fantastic!

You are on a 26" grill no?
And please elucidate us on your fire technique. Thanks

(I slice my sweet potatoes lengthwise, and grill them, EVOO and S+P.)

This thread is full of WIN!
Fantastic!

You are on a 26" grill no?
And please elucidate us on your fire technique. Thanks

(I slice my sweet potatoes lengthwise, and grill them, EVOO and S+P.)

Thanks.

Nope its just a 22 weber one touch platinum. The platinums were the the designation before the performer line. Simple cart, no ignitor system. Craigslist score for $50. They are back ribs from a rib roast (the bone from a ribeye) not the monster dino bones. When you buy them from the store they are most always gouged of meat because steak sells for more. I use 2 bricks to hold back the coals and mix in some wood chips or chunks. I put foil under the meat mostly for clean up. When i didnt put something under the meat fat and grease piled up and eventually started a bit of a fire. I like to let the wood heat up a bit then when i open the lid to put the food on it flames up nicely, i like to run a clean fire with little if any visible smoke.

Oh and my custom heat baffle. If anyone is interested in purchasing one i can fab one up for you for the low low price of $9.99 plus S&H.

Last edited:
Nice looking ribs!! We have a local grocery with a rookie butcher who occasionally trims the bones off a SRR and leaves a ton of meat on it. I go there everyday to get a cup of coffee and check the meat.... Bones are a hit around my house!

Nice bones ninj. Where the heck do you do your meat shoppin??

Thanks, i shop at several markets. My go to supermarket is mejier. Those roast were purchased at Randazzos, a local meat and produce market with several locations. Their produce prices are far better than ole wally word and the quality beats them hands down.

It wasn't there when a prepped them.

It was shrinkage

You know I've always thought of you as being slimmer and younger with more hair ...no wonder you wear that Ninja outfit :razz:

Oh and the bones look outstanding.:becky:

Back