Cooking Class Swamp Boys Q School, Jan. 2015

Rub

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Class is scheduled, let's up your game. Follow this link: Swamp Boys Q School

Some comments from graduates:

939.9 - Number of miles we gladly traveled over the weekend to learn from the master at Swamp Boys BBQ School!
-Tim W.

His class is well worth the miles.
-Gee M.

You'll have to take my word for when I say you should definitely take Rub's class if you get a chance.
-Randy B.

Had the pleasure of learning some BBQ techniques for one of the nation's best Rub Bagby and Swamp Boys Bbq this past weekend. World Champion, and a super guy. If you ever get the opportunity to attend one of Rub's classes, it will be well worth it. Thanks Rub
-Ronnie G

Your class rocks!
-Steve W.

Had a great time! Wish it could have lasted longer....(that's what she said!) lol Thanks a bunch, it was great.
Darlene P.

Had a wonderful time, Rub - you're a great teacher and I learned a lot! Thank you so very much!
-Tim W.

Thanks for the class Rub Bagby. I enjoyed it and it was good meeting all those who attended the class.
-Brian J.

Thanks Rub. Enjoyed the class. Brain is still on overload! thanks.
-Darrell B.

Look forward to trying out all the new tips. Thanks.
-Mark T.

Hey Rub:
Thank you for a fantastic class and sharing your techniques and tips.
I'll be using some of the tricks I learned in my coming contests.
Here's some pics from the class.
Best,
Harry

Great class by a BBQ great. Rob is a class act!
Harry S.

Hey there, this is Steve Ackley, Ack-Que. Took your class last year in Chicago, just GC'd at Hudson Valley and wanted to extend my thanks for helping make that possible.

Thanks for your friendship ! Your class rocks can't Beleve how much I got from it !!!
Steven W.

Great class. Highly recommend it. Applause now.
Steve R.

Great class great time, the next contest I cooked after this class I got a 2nd place call in Ribs, paid for the class.... Yah the Professor Rub Bagby got the first place call in ribs that day.
Frank N.

So far we have New Mexico, New Jersey, and North Carolina committed to the class. Thanks guys! Besides the class, if you're a carnivore you're going to love the smoked prime rib supper I serve.

Great class for any level of Bbqer wanting to improve their game!

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
Take lots of notes and no beer til after chicken prep:) A great time for sure. If I remeber correctly one of the guys in my class went on to win TOTY in FBA that year?

• Thanks
Thanks guys I appreciate it.

You're right Rick, and same thing happened in KCBS one year too.

Now our roster for this class includes New Mexico, New Jersey, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Florida, Texas and Georgia. This one will be a sell out. Don't miss it.

On Edit: I'm sharing it here first! On Greg Rempe's BBQ Central Show on Tuesday, Darren Warth of Iowa Smokey D's, the guy who just won the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational, shared that he used Swamp Boys sauce, straight from the bottle. Not a bad endorsement :wink:

Last edited:
On Edit: I'm sharing it here first! On Greg Rempe's BBQ Central Show on Tuesday, Darren Warth of Iowa Smokey D's, the guy who just won the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational, shared that he used Swamp Boys sauce, straight from the bottle. Not a bad endorsement :wink:

We're certainly not on the same level as Darren Worth, but Swamp Boy's sauce (and class) has helped our scores.

• Thanks
Only a handful of seats left. The venue is set at the Mulberry American Legion, 55 minutes from Tampa International and 70 minutes from Orlando International. You can bring your RV or tent and stay onsite if you want, msg me for details. Don't miss out!

Now our roster for this class includes New Mexico, New Jersey, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Florida, Texas and Georgia. This one will be a sell out. Don't miss it.

Thank goodness no one from Illinois has signed up this time around! :wink:

Only a handful of seats left. The venue is set at the Mulberry American Legion, 55 minutes from Tampa International and 70 minutes from Orlando International. You can bring your RV or tent and stay onsite if you want, msg me for details. Don't miss out!

Can you post the times for Sat/Sun?

We will start at noon Saturday and usually go until 6-7pm. At that point we have supper and I provide smoked prime rib and potatoes, others supply sides and desserts. Then it's time to BS around the fire or head back to your room. We meet again at 7:30 Sunday morning and go until we're done, usually 3:30pm or until all questions are answered.

Got it, thanks! Make sure you fill out an application and get it to me. A picture and an email will work if you don't want to mail it.

Thanks Podge, check's in the mail. Hope I see you out there in '15!

11 states plus Canada are in the class, what a great mix of people.
New Mexico, New Jersey, North Carolina, Wisconsin, Florida, Texas, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia, California, New york, and Delta British Columbia - Canada. There is still room for a couple of more people then that's it.
http://www.swampboys.com/wordpress/?p=1541

Back