• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Just finished packing for VA

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Man what a day 10 hours of working. Then packing up the car for the pickin n pullin competition. I realized I am missing a few things I will pick up in a little bit at Walmart. One oil change then shower and bed and up early to get ice and pack the meat into the car. I also realize I need a small trailer because the car is packed to the gills. Next time I think a trailer will be added to the arsenal. I have just enough room but it is tight. The wife is going to be sitting with a few things on the way to Lanexa. Should be a blast and I hope it all goes well. Good luck to all the teams competing. See you all there. Feel free to say hi.

Yeah I hope I can get out and meet some folks. It should be easier this time since we are cooking overnight and don't have to throw things on until late. Last contest I cooked was last May and it was 1 day and there was no time as we had to trim meats. Wish I could have talked with a few other people but no time.

Knock 'em dead. Hopefully you left enough room in the car to bring back some trophies with you

ps: watch out for the Amish Mafia (aka: aawa)
jbcnbIh.jpg

Knock 'em dead. Hopefully you left enough room in the car to bring back some trophies with you

ps: watch out for the Amish Mafia (aka: aawa)
jbcnbIh.jpg

Ahahahahaha. I forgot about that picture from two halloweens ago still existed!

We are running late hit traffic. Really bad traffic. Looked like maybe an accident. Going to be at least 20 mins+ late :(

Probably closer to half hour 45 mins. I called and the woman in the office said I would need to get caught up by someone but could still compete. At least that is good. We are going to be behind getting going so probably no time to visit tonight maybe after all is said and done tomorrow I can take some time to visit.

Sorry guys it's been hectic and well heck we got there and set up and we even got 7th in ribs which I was over the moon. I am so excited about getting a call in the top 10 for ribs. Pork we got 13th but out of 21 teams so not last which is all I could hope for. I held off posting too much as I didn't want to brag and annoy people. I just am so stoked about our ribs getting 7th. Especially with how bad my ribs were when I started practicing for this contest and for one coming up. I wish I would have got pics but we only had 5 mins and were all the way on the other side of where the turn in was. It was an amazing time and I plan to go again next year. I didn't socialize to much as I had to play catch up trimming meats once inspected as the backyard rules said must be in original package. We got to hang with Sultans of Swine one of the pro teams and they were awesome. I think they could tell I was stressed and offered me a drink. I don't normally but rolling rock isn't bad. My wife said maybe I should have a drink more often she says it mellowed me out a bit. All in all a great weekend. Rough start but a great ending.

Back