Houston BBQ Restaurant Recommendations?

Meat Meets Meat

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I'm at a work conference in the Houston area and looking for a good BBQ joint to hit up while I'm here. I've heard Killen's is good but it's about an hour away from where I'm at. Any good BBQ places north of Houston, near the Woodland? Thanks!

not bad, not great
Rudy's
20806 Interstate 45, Spring, TX 77373-2921 281-288-0916

if you can get to the south side of downtown Houston (1/2 hour drive if not during rush hour),
Goode Company BBQ
5109 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX 77098-5011 713-522-2530
x.gif

PS
take a picture of the menu, your buddies in the PNW won't believe the prices!

Last edited:
if you can get to the south side of downtown Houston (1/2 hour drive if not during rush hour),
Goode Company BBQ
5109 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX 77098-5011
But stay away from the Goode Company BBQ off of I10. Horrible stuff.

I live in Houston.
Corkscrew BBQ in Spring. It's on the Texas Monthly Top 50. So is Killen's in Pearland but that's a good 45 minute drive from The Woodlands.
Rudy's is pretty decent. The best thing about Rudy's is that it's pretty consistent.

Thanks for the tips!!! We ended up going to the Brisket House, http://www.thebriskethouse.com. There was a local at our work conference that said it was good, and he was right! I think they just open this second location and they have another on in the Houston area. We had a group of about 20 or so and ordered some party platters. Brisket was really good, nice bark with a simple s&p rub. Very moist and tasty. They also has some killer sausage. It's from ruffino meats, which I've never hear of since I'm from Oregon but, damn it's good! The jalepeno sausage is legit! They pre sliced it on the bias but there was still a good snap when you bit into it. Also tried the ribs but I wasn't a huge fan. They were cooked well but had way too much pepper for me. They were cooking on two huge southern pride gas assist smokers and it looked like they were using mesquite. Overall it was very good! I was going to post some pic but I'm on a plane and cannot get my photos to upload into photobucket.

Back