Austin Bound

NKSmoke

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So I'm heading to Austin, TX next week and want to hit up a couple of spots that have been talked about here. I am limited on time (2 days) so I am asking for input on narrowing down my stops to the best. I have read many suggestions but am looking for the top 3 or 4. Not sure how many I get to in two days.

I plan on going to Franklin's but does anyone know how early I should go to be toward the front of the line on a Friday?

Is it worth making the trip to Lockhart or are there plenty of places to keep me busy in Austin? If not Lockhart then where?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Franklin's

I live about 150 miles from Austin, but have never visited Franklin's. Those I have talked to would tell you to bring breakfast and a chair around sevenish.

Or try Stiles Switch on North Lamar...

And not waste your Austin time or Terry Blacks in Austin on Barton Springs road or Rubys on 29th and Guadalupe...There are lots of bbq places in Austin and Franklin is just one of many...And most others are not overhyped and customers come and go like real people not having to camp out for hours on end...

IMHO...

Thanks for the suggestions!

I arrived in Austin yesterday and I am currently in line at Franklins. Got here at 6:00am. 4 people in front of me. It is now 7:15am and only one person in line behind me.....i could have slept in. :grin:

I will try to post pictures later.

For those that have gone to Austin, any suggestions for decent hotels to stay in a decent area? May go down there in a few weeks. I'll skip the $500/night Four Seasons.

Back