Something interesting happened this evening!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Lets start with a little background about myself! I wasn't very good at cooking on charcoal grills so I switched to propane. Never looked back.It was easy, and gave me "grilled" food, I was happy! Ended up with my offset smoker after trying to smoke on my propane grill (worked pretty well with wood chips). Then purchased a black stone! then purchased a WSM! Haven't had this much fun cooking for a long time!

So today we purchased 4 New York strip steaks. They were pretty decent size for New York strip. I decided to tear the WSM down and put my cooking grate on top of coal ring and used it as a grill to cook these steaks! Worked fantastic!!!

Here's where things get strange! Each person of the family got a steak. My wife never finishes her steak. She doesn't eat much meat unless its chicken. Tonight was the first time she finished a steak in years!!!! Everyone else that ate one said it was the best steak they've ate from me for a long time!!!

What does that mean? well for those who have read this entire post. That means I should start looking for a good charcoal grill! Since I've bought everything else in the past few months. Also means that all my propane cooked steaks sucked!!! Ha-ha!!!!!

awesome! Congrats on satisfying the tastebuds of others.

Look at getting one of these! This one is a stretched version, but you can get smaller. I have a thread with a lot of photos if needed.

haha now those are sweet! Couldn't afford one tho. I'll probably just get a weber grill. Love the quality I got out of the WSM!

Funny thing about the story tho, I always wanted to argue the fact that Steaks are just as good on a propane grill. I guess I was wrong! haha

Compliments are a great thing. Smoked a small top round roast couple days ago. Not only did the wife go back for seconds she told me that I nailed that cook. Same goes for tonights chuck roast. Great feeling when someone notices.

Congratulations on finding your way back.... I think most of us followed the propane path early in our lives, then we realized this isn't the right way...

We still use the gasser for breakfast cooks, bacon and eggs in cast iron, or french fries on the side burner, thats about it.

Back