red box smoker!

I thought the price was a mistake when I first saw it. It's so much lower than any other cabinet I've seen. A review from an actual user would be great.

I recently saw this exact question on another thread too. I wonder what made these jump up and be noticed.

I may get one. Went to their site and read up on it and looked at the few pics.

They look cool but unfortunately made in China. I'd want to see one in person and talk to someone that has one. Can't argue about the price, they're cheap enough. I have to wonder does the "you get what ya pay for" apply here.

Looks like the right size for smoking a few things without having to fire up the drum or BGE.

I could see me using that for smoking a chicken dinner, or wings, BB's, beans, sides, or appetizers.

Red Box Smoker

The cooker is being reviewed on another forum at the present time. Will post the location when the article is done.

Dave

just ordered it. wish i would have seen the post above about the review. Mark was really nice and answered all my questions even though i tend to be a pain. called 3 times before i got all my questions answered. shipping was $43.99. yes the price is low and the capacity is small but not everyone has the $$$ to see if they like cooking on an insulated cabinet smoker. dropping $2k and being disappointed vs $400 and being disappointed are 2 very different situations.

smitty: it will fit 2 butts and really thought this would be a good cooker for you.:becky:

it is made in china but is a bw design that bw does not make any longer. bw and ssomd tested these for 8 months. they had a batch of 300 made and have sold 72...73 now.:wink: only issue so far was a scratched corner cover which they shipped the guy a replacement.

same metal as the chubby
1" insulation
exhaust, no stack just an opening on top
intake, nob thing opens/closes the intake on the bottom of the fb door
fb door is not insulated
therm is on top (they said it worked better there and was out of the way of the meat with the limited space in the cc)
hi-temp foam gaskets
no rivets (all screws)
1 year warranty
grates are 11.5 x 12.5 with 4.5" of spacing
could grill by removing the water pan

edit: fiberglass high temp insulation
they are in stock. mine will ship wednesday.

Last edited:
Really like the looks of this for small cooks for just the wife and I. Wonder if a heat diverter can be added. Seams like a lot on the bottom of that removeable pan.

if anyone is near the Memphis BBQ Supply in TN it looks like they have them in the store.

I can't believe it will be crap. I would order one, but, I am saving money for now.

I Hate Red. Don't like Red cars, trucks, smokers, trailers etc...... Dark Tornado Red Ok but Bright Red sucks. If I was a Gang Banger I'd have to be a Crip. :shock: And I don't like nuttin a 12-15 lb brisket won't fit, that's why I sold my converted propane cabinet ( plus it brought $400 and I had $275 in it :mrgreen: )

Back