• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Loin ribs are on.. should be ready by dinner.

jasonjax

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Trying something a bit different and added a a 12oz beer to my beer-can-chicken holder. I figure maybe add a bit of moisture to the GMG DB pellet pooper and see if there is any noticeable difference.

5994970062_bd49888a86_b.jpg

5994411543_f1a0bf9d98_b.jpg

Sorry for the delayed results........ I learned a valuable lesson. This was the first time doing ribs on my pellet pooper. I learned that there is actually a good bit of direct heat from the bottom even when in the 250* range because the bottoms got a little too crispy. I'm going to use a raised rack next time and see how it goes. The ribs were still quite tasty.

6000141776_0fc5924e29_b.jpg

Yup that's it. I poked a few holes through the foil to let the steam seep out a little slower. I couldn't really tell a difference, but I could smell the beer steam inside of the smoker.

AhHa! I was going to question why the foil was on it and the fact that enclosing the liquid wouldn't do a thing for moisture levels in the pit. You poked holes in it! That is exactly why I asked before saying something stupid. LOL

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but a bit sharper than that. :becky:

I was cooking at 250* at the time so I wanted to trap some extra heat to make the liquid boil and release the steam a bit slower is why I went with the holes in the foil versus letting the thing be wide open.

Back