"And now something completely different" dinner

defib

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I was browsing both supermarkets in town the past day or so and saw some interesting items that were marked down.so I decided tonight's dinner would be different. I work nights and my GF works 24 hour shifts so a day of together is not as common as most would thinkimage.jpg 2 ribeye pork steaks with my own pork rub, to start.

And finally these were on sale plus 50% off. That with butter all cooked on the weber kettle.image.jpg this is after it was done and before removing the shell.

She goes to work at 8 am and gets off at 8 am the next day. I used to do it as well but 3-4 days in a row. This was as a paramedic. I still do it part time but no more than 48 hours in a row. I work as a night shift nurse now. 3 times the money for half the hours.

I got her to stop doing the 2 days in a row. We aren't as young as we used to be. Now she does her shifts with a day off between. What sucks is she has been working Monday and Wednesday, I'm typicall off Monday , Tuesday , Wednesday . So it was kind of a good day for us.

I am in sympathy with you. For years, I stopped at the 24 hour grocery and bought the marked down meat. I then had to figure our how to cook something that looked great at 5 AM, but I hadn't a clue about at 9 AM. This site helped.
Lucky for me, my wife was self-employed and worked at home.

Looks great! Crab legs are one of my favorites.

Nice job, great cook and a dinner for the one you love.

Back