Beef short ribs, meatloaf and smoked Mac n Cheese

TheHojo

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
38 here in Dallas - smoker rolling since 6:45 - beef short ribs rubbed with pickle juice , Chappell Hill brisket rub, uncle Chris and pepper

Short ribs are on - now on to making the meatloaf and Mac n cheese - football kicks off in less than 3 hours - guess it's time for a cold one - jolly pumpkin is waiting for me in the frig

Smoked mac and cheese? Can I have the recipe for that!? It sounds amazing.

Here is Mac n cheese - going on about 3:30 - recipe

20 oz of elbow macaroni
1 pound sharp cheddar
1 pound Gouda
4 eggs
4 cups evaporated milk

Cook noodles al dente

Mix eggs with wisk in bowl, then add evaporated milk and blenn

Spray with Pam a 9x13 aluminum pan - put half noodles and half cheese on top - then put other half of noodles and other half of cheese - then pour egg and milk mixture over cheese and eggs

Smoke for 2 to 2.5 hours at 225 or so

Meant to say pour egg and milk mixture over the noodles and cheese -

Dude your killing me right now. I'm so hungry for this but I'm so lazy and it's cold outside.

Looks great!

There are lots of Mac & cheese recipes on the site. Check out the Google search at the bottom of the page. I did one last week that included lobster in it.

Beef ribs wrapped in bp and back on smoker - meatloaf prepare and will go on in a couple hours - going to try this new "smoky" sauce I found at store last night - still no sun out here so figured it was time for a "wick for brains"

Still only 43 here - which is cold for us - as I get ready to put on meat loaf and Mac n cheese - figured good time to have a Jolly Pumkin stout I brought back from Traverse City last summer

Ribs unwrapped - around 190 degrees - back on naked for duration of cook

Meatloaf on - Mac n cheese on in 30 - great day of cooking, college football and a few adult beverages

Great looking cook and jolly pumpkin is great, my wife and I got married there in traverse city

Northern Michigan is the best - but not sure I would want to be cooking there today! Everything is on - time for the pecan and cherry to do there thing

Back