Pastrami Burger--Cured TD

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Hey all,

With the Cured TD going down I automatically knew what I was going to do. A pastrami burger. :thumb: There is a small mom and pop diner in Pasadena, CA that I used to frequent a lot and love their pastrami sammich or the pastrami burger. Place is still around but with the TD why not make one at home I thought. I basically replicated their pastrami burger (not in the same stacking order but very close) down to the well done patty like you usually get from them or most small diners/drive-thrus that cook them up on a flat top for that matter.

Bought a corned beet point

mGUel5Kh.jpg

Soaked for about 36 hours to draw out the salt

8vAzwsth.jpg

Put it in the PBC to smoke yesterday while I was doing a leg of lamb for a party

RlabT7Uh.jpg

Some side pron of the leg which was wonderful for anyone wondering :biggrin1:

uZtDvXFh.jpg

NwbcBkCh.jpg

102xb3zh.jpg

Anyway, let the pastrami rest and put in the fridge overnight and this is what it looked like this morning

JbeubMTh.jpg

Sliced it

gV14ZLDh.jpg

Very moist

jSPtveqh.jpg

For the burger I grabbed a tri tip

zeCeGxEh.jpg

Cubed

qFCkhv6h.jpg

Ground and formed 8oz patties

Nt3fpYxh.jpg

Got the sweet tater fries going in the meantime

2mrswXyh.jpg

Threw the patties on the griddle and sprinkled on some S&P

XOkthKSh.jpg

Formed a nice crust

6mCLPNuh.jpg

Moved the patties up, put the cheese on to melt and let the pastrami warm up slightly

daVUealh.jpg

Started assembly with toasted buns

Ta2jh5Mh.jpg

Mayo, mustard

cwH6FJrh.jpg

Lettuce, tomato, pickles

rmbspRbh.jpg

Patties, pastrami and onions

uiuyYKth.jpg

Heavenly

MDeSnYSh.jpg

But wait, there's more.......The Money Shot

NCffXgsh.jpg

Better than the diner's. Thanks for looking!!

9DQRttkh.jpg

Dessert

b581lpTh.jpg

That all looks very well done. Top notch! I smoked a pastrami yesterday and gave it to a friend who is always doing nice things for me. You're making me want to go and take it back.

Forget the lamb, pass a burger down here!

Lol, Thanks Sergio!

That all looks very well done. Top notch! I smoked a pastrami yesterday and gave it to a friend who is always doing nice things for me. You're making me want to go and take it back.

Thanks! You're not kidding. Love the way the pastrami came out this time around. I've had pretty good results in the past but I soaked it longer than I usually do and the outcome was way better.

Oh that looks soooo Gooood Neighbor!

Great combo on the meats

That looks FANTASTIC Sako!!!

Money shot was well $$$$.

Thanks for sharing your cook Sako. :clap:

Is it weird to now want a pastrami burger at 5 am? That's a killer looking burger! Which diner is it you are mentioning? My family will stop at Tops when driving through Pasadena, love their chili fries and breakfast burritos.

Love me some lamb, and the burger looks great too. So a burger with a side of lamb for me. Great job as always Sako!

WOW To quote Bob "I would hit that hard" :hungry::hungry::hungry:
Like your choice of cigars too

Wow! :shock:

I wonder how long it would take to get one (or 3) shipped to Oklahoma!

:shock::shock::shock::hail:You hit the perfect temp on that lamb! And that burger looks insane! Ridiculous Cook!

Back