• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Slicing Pork Ribs

txsmkmstr

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
When you slice your ribs do you try to center the cut on the meat with some meat on both sides of the bone - OR - do you let your knife follow one edge of the bone thereby putting most of the meat on one side?

I've always tried to center the cut but during yesterday's cook I simply followed the bone and it worked great. Of course, this may have been my best rack cooked yet - the meat did not fall off the bone yet still pulled clean for each bite.

Was just wondering... consider this question more along the lines of serving for friends and family as opposed to comps. Comp input appreciated.

I agree, I just run the knife through and let the fates decide where the meat ends up.

You could flip the rack over and cut from the back. This way you're sure to slice between each bone.

At home I just cut them and don't think about it. Granted I may subconsciously put comp focus into them,but I cut them much faster and have typically been drinking a lot more. Never had my friends/family comment on the quality/lack of quality of my rib cutting when shoving BBQ into their face holes, so I guess they don't mind whatever way I do it :becky:

At home I just cut them and don't think about it. Granted I may subconsciously put comp focus into them,but I cut them much faster and have typically been drinking a lot more. Never had my friends/family comment on the quality/lack of quality of my rib cutting when shoving BBQ into their face holes, so I guess they don't mind whatever way I do it :becky:
halve to admit seems you don`t get complants with free BBQ

I usually make a cut every second or third bone so no one seems to notice if the cut is against the bone. :-D

Back