A Taste of Morocco

Titch

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Tonight we went Moroccan, Our entry to the Gettin fed in the Med competition.
Barbecued lamb (mechoui) with minted yoghurt, in a Spinach ,feta ,ricotta Sunflower pie.

The lamb and its Marinade.

Cut the backstrap into one inch strips, marinaded for about 6 hours.

The ingredients for the pie dough.

Vonnie made the dough, rested it and rolled it out.
Filled with a mixture of Spinach and Cheese.

The filling and Dough was formed into the flower

Pie was put into the Weber Gas BBQ.
Lamb was grilled.

Pie was removed and plated with the lamb.

Served with a Mint Yoghurt.
Sprinkle with Toasted sesame seed.

I gotta say.
this meal was stunning.
Thanks for looking

Looks/sounds delicious! Love the presentation, I've seen that before somewhere (not the dish itself, but cutting and shaping the dough that way), been wanting to try it myself some time.

KC

Looks/sounds delicious! Love the presentation, I've seen that before somewhere (not the dish itself, but cutting and shaping the dough that way), been wanting to try it myself some time.

KC

Me too,
Buggered if I know where tho .
Maybe Spanish?

That is one fine cook there Titch, love that presentation big time!

Wow that looks delicious and I love the presentation. I'd pay to eat that! :thumb:

KC
I believe someone did one in a Throwdown a year or two ago. It might have been AngryFish. (Where is that guy?)

Stunning is correct... Wife and I were in Morocco a year ago and enjoyed the food there. That is some nice looking food right there.

Dang Titch! I'll devour that. That's a killer cook.

That looks freaking insane. I am a greek guy and am a sucker for spinach pie or as we call it "spanakopita".

Love the presentation for sure and the yoghurt dressing with lamb looks deeee-lish!

Back