• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Who's got a Weber 22" Kettle?

allboy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have a had one of these for 30 years (on and off). Who here still has one and uses it? I do mostly indirect BBQ in it now or doing rib steaks very hot. Let's hear what you cook, and how you use it. I would love to hear some tricks you all have that you use on this great classic grill/BBQ.

Have a Weber 22" kettle and older Weber Performer and we grill weekly on the Performer. I've smoked loooooooooots on it and even cook chicken indirectly on it to then throw it over the direct heat to crisp it on up.

I have a otg. I like chicken off my kettle more than my ceramic grill, especially if I'm using the rotisserie. The best brisket I ever cooked was from my kettle.

I've got one.

I smoke everything on it. I like it better than my WSM, except on really long, slow cooks.

I use it 3 times week, sometimes more.

One of Weber's best kept secrets is the cast iron grill/griddle with wire rack to hold it in the kettle. They have not offered it for a few years and should bring it back.

I like my $10 CL kettle so much i gave my Akorn to a buddy. Dont get me wrong I loved the Akorn and got some awesome Q off it but i just prefer cooking on the Kettle for some reason. I will always have a Weber kettle in my cooker arsenal, its just a tried and true cooking machine.

I have the Performer Silver and use it all the time. From grilling hot dogs and brats to long cooks for brisket and pork butts, it meets all my needs.

>raises hand<

I cook everything on mine. Saturday I did a pork butt & a pastrami on one, and burgers (lunch) and chicken legs on the other.

First thing i thought when i read the title to this thread was "who the hell doesnt have a weber kettle". Lol.

lol, that was my thought. I have a 22 inch OTS as well as a 22 inch Performer Platinum as well as a 14.5 inch Smokey joe... I cook everything on that sucker, even do some nice smokes and indirect cooks for chicken and steads. I can even pull 8-12 hours off a single "snake" if I maintain it properly

I've got 2 and they double as WSM's...ones a SJG and the other is a Jumbo Joe and a 22.5 but it isn't a Weber.

Last edited:
No. But I'm keeping my eyes open for a screaming hot deal on Craiglist!

I have 2 older Weber performers, 2 weber smokey joes, and donated a Weber Mastertouch to my gf's house. That doesn't include a weber performer I sold to a friend and 2 one touch golds I also sold to friends after finding them on craigslist.

I have 2 & and an 18".

I use my Performer mostly. Depending on what I'm cooking, I switch between it and the LBGE for grilling. I don't do much long term smoking on my Kettles anymore since I have several other smokers for that.

I still take the 18" OTS or the 22" OTS on camping trips or for mobile cooking.

I've got a 2014 22" Black OTG. Was a gift from my wife last year for our anniversary. I've cooked everything from burgers and whole chickens (normally 2-3 at a time) to a pork butt last year. Never had one before this one but really loving it.

Back