How Many Bottles of Sauce Do you Have?

Something like this would get me kicked out of the house. Wow.

WOW! You are either single or you spouse really loves you. Mine has given me two small shelves in the cabinet, I store my cases of sauce in the cupboard.

I think i have 3 or 4 in the fridge opened and then 40 or so bottles stored in or around the kitchen :)

Rubs I have taken over the spice cabinet with though

Then we won't talk about rubs.......

I'm fortunate... My wife love my BBQ and she suggested I build and install a small kitchen in our basement as a prep area and cabinets for storage.

Well, I jumped on that before she had a chance to change her mind. I have my own stove, refrigerator, and freezer there, plenty of cabinets, a sink, and under-counter lighting. My grinder, stuffer, vac-sealer, and slicer remain on the side counter ready for use with plenty of room around them while the front counter remains clear as a prep area.

She loves to try different sauces so I keep her favorites on hand as well as new ones to compare them too.

I have a couple in the fridge. Bob Evans Wildfire and a SBR.

I make my own and that is what everyone prefers.

6 gallons of opened sauce in the fridges and only 2 random small bottles oddly.

At any given time, I have about 16 bottles in the pantry and 4 in the fridge, divided between cheap stuff I use for a base (Hunt's/Kraft/Maull's) go-to everyday sauces (Stubb's is big for me), and then favorites that I only use for finishing and special occasions (Cowtown, Plowboys, Maker's Mark Sauce, etc).

You are Da Man!

Then we won't talk about rubs.......

I'm fortunate... My wife love my BBQ and she suggested I build and install a small kitchen in our basement as a prep area and cabinets for storage.

Well, I jumped on that before she had a chance to change her mind. I have my own stove, refrigerator, and freezer there, plenty of cabinets, a sink, and under-counter lighting. My grinder, stuffer, vac-sealer, and slicer remain on the side counter ready for use with plenty of room around them while the front counter remains clear as a prep area.

She loves to try different sauces so I keep her favorites on hand as well as new ones to compare them too.

I have 3 refrigerators and freezers and a huge pantry filled with BBQ crap I hardly use..... I am not going to count them. I understand my problem....

>> When I travel I usually buy 3-4 bottles of local sauce. I open it, try it and decide if it is worth re-buying.

Markdtn said this earlier, it applies to me as well.

However! When I try a sauce, and it's not good enough to beat my Top Five, I throw it out!

When tasting a sauce, even when the conclusion is 'It's pretty good!', I will never use it again. If the earth doesn't move when trying a new sauce, I reach for one of my Top Five.

I used to keep all the sauces. Tens of them, some in the fridge, the rest in a large cupboard sorta like IAmMadMan's pic earlier. Unused, getting dark & oxidized at the top near the lids.

I concluded that there is NO need to keep them if I know I'll never use them again. So I toss them! And I feel good doing so!

No photo, but I have quite a few. At least 20 in the fridge and another 10 unopened. When I travel I usually buy 3-4 bottles of local sauce. I open it, try it and decide if it is worth re-buying. I found Colemans CHS sauce which is only available now at Piggly Wiggly in South Carolina that way.

I was thinking the other day that it would be neat to have a gathering and a sauce tasting. Everybody bring 10 sauces and a loaf of French bread. Cut off a piece of bread and dip it in a bowl of sauce. My wife can't eat sauce not on anything, but I have a pretty good idea just from a taste how it will turn out.

In the fridge-that I remember:
2 from Myron Mixon school
Colemans
2 different Head Country
2 different blues hog
3 local ones
3 from Tulsa
3 from Birmingham
2 from Florida
3 from N. Carolina

In the pantry:
2 more from MM school
more Colemans
another Head Country
Kraft cheap (been there a long time)
1 from N Carolina
sweet baby rays
couple more

I was wrong: 34 in the fridges and 12 unopened

Unopened
SBR
Big Bob Gibson Original
Livesay Orchard Peach
Kraft hickory
Kraft original
Johns
Bessingers Gold
Joe Kems
Trader Joe Carolina gold
Head Country
Colemans
Ollies thick

In the Fridge
Old mule
Chakas
Jacks Old South Vinegar
Jacks Old South hickory
Jacks Old South tangy and sweet
My Brother original
Blue Front mild
Colemans
Bessingers Hickory
Ollie's thick
Roy Boys
Dinosaur Wango- tango
Maurice's gold
Dr Pepper
Melvins gold
Billy Simm's original
Grendaddy Dave"s
Scott's
Saur's
Jardenes Pecan
Jardenes Chikn-likn
Jardenes mesquite
Big Butz original
Loose Lip Larry's
Glenn's chipotle
Blues Hog smokey mtn
Blues Hog original
Blues Hog Tennessee red
Bronko's
Florida bbq sauce
Blacks original
(locals)
Rib n loin hot
Rib n loin regular
Whitt's vinegar
Whitt's thick

I always have at least six different kinds: Blues Hog Original and Tennessee Red, two different versions of a local product called Smackers, and two recently discovered favorites - Holy Smoke and Granny's.

In addition to these, I'm always picking up something new to try every time I hit my local barbecue shop. I've probably got 10 bottles in the fridge another 5 or 6 in the pantry.

...another new guy question.... where are the instructions for posting pictures? I want to post my hot sauce collection.

Zero

I make my own. Some of those bottles may or may not be better than mine, but I am happy

Back