My Homemade Neapolitan pizza oven

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I started my design after the one on here but didn't think it would hold up to the temp changes. I used an exercise ball (largest I could get and then over inflated to 29".
Here is the final oven after 10-12 uses and some of the pizza. Takes about 90 seconds to cook a pizza. So much fun and super rewarding.
I will go backwards through the entire design in this post over a couple days.

The first pizza... not too shabby. Dome about 1000 degrees, deck about 800.

The beast meant for functionality. Don't care about pretty. Maybe sometime in the future.

The exercise ball setup prior to coating with plastic wrap and mudding with some special stuff. To be continued...

That's a very good looking pizza!

I am looking forward to your story and pictures of the building process

You are in Mozambique? I have shipped BBQ handles to most places of the World but none to Mozambique. Do you have a Weber BBQ? What do you have and I will make you a custom wooden handle for it free. So much fun for me to interact with people in other countries :)

wow, Marty that is something. I wish I had the chops to attempt that. I have long wanted a pizza oven for the back patio the more we start using it as a home resort, pizza ovens are legit fun. Congrats.

oooooh! subscribed to this thread. i have been wanting to do something like this for years.

Back