• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
So far this Winter the 007 is running no matter how cold the temps... So I'm the only one using mine? :noidea:

My coal base is pretty much non existent and I want to grill burgers so the quickest and easiest way to replenish it is super skinny splits criss-crossed a couple of times and leave the lava lock door open for max air flow.

Looks like a night photo, ninja. Clear as a bell. Top shelf spirits!!
I'm also blaming my el cheapo phone, The good pic taking camera's battery was dead. There's a HUGE difference between the phone and the "real" camera.

I'm reading this thread front to back again. partly to find that CAD drawing, but mostly for inspiration. Came upon these comments and have a suggestion:

I like to replace the 1/4-20 allen screw with a 1/4-20 bolt or thumb screw.

The bolt is definitely the way to go! :thumb:

Have you considered taking a longer 1/4-20 bolt, and bending it? It would haves a built in "wrench" and would make it fairly easy to adjust.

I'm reading this thread front to back again. partly to find that CAD drawing, but mostly for inspiration. Came upon these comments and have a suggestion:

Have you considered taking a longer 1/4-20 bolt, and bending it? It would haves a built in "wrench" and would make it fairly easy to adjust.
I like it!

How many and what size vents are you using to burn splits in the 007?

How many and what size vents are you using to burn splits in the 007?
Well if you're going to use a door then you won't need vents...but if you don't do a door then I know four 3/4 vents worked better then when I had only 3.

Jim has a door, Ted has a door, mine does but ninja's is still a "No build build" (I'll let him explain that one) lol but his has a few 3/4" holes drilled in the bottom. Oh Adam's has four 3/4 also

Yea i have four 3/4 inch holes at the bottom for intakes. No elbows or controls just the holes, heck the no build didn't even have intake holes. The "charcoal basket" was a weber charcoal grate rested on some scrap debris i had lying around.

Back