Twisted T's Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
prepping the protein for the voyage
meadow creek gourmet barbeque seasoning getting the call for chicken

seasoned and drying over night in the fridge
john henrys honey rib rub getting the call for ribs
seasoned wrapped and going to the fridge over night

the plan is to have the protein ready for kick off at 330 "LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS "

The 270 is a chicken cooking machine, Vortex like results. I sometimes use Qmatz on the bottom shelf (mostly because I bought them). If properly seasoned no problem with sticking at all. Waiting for pron.

The 270 is a chicken cooking machine, Vortex like results. I sometimes use Qmatz on the bottom shelf (mostly because I bought them). If properly seasoned no problem with sticking at all. Waiting for pron.

thanks G , you may be evil brother but some of the Q that I have saw. you put out looks heavenly lol. you ever cook the chicken right on the heat diffuser plate in a pan of course and a rack in the pan ?

No I've never tried cooking on the diffuser before, I would think it's probably to hot. As I said earlier 300°-325° is my sweet spot (especially for chicken) though a lot of people like it at 270° also. At 300°+ BB come in about 3hrs or so. Oh and thanks for the compliments.

Gordon

No I've never tried cooking on the diffuser before, I would think it's probably to hot. As I said earlier 300°-325° is my sweet spot (especially for chicken) though a lot of people like it at 270° also. At 300°+ BB come in about 3hrs or so. Oh and thanks for the compliments.

Gordon

thanks and you're welcome man

the 270 was a dream to cook on, the first high quality smoker I have ever owned or cooked on, the chicken was delicious and spot on. The ribs were great even though some of the end ribs was a little dry but still very good, all in all the ribs were spot on also, they pretty much had a perfect bite not fall off the bone but easily pull of the bone and other than a few end ribs the majority of the bones were very moist ... I give the cook a solid B and the smoker/ cooker an A+, I must say it was great having plenty of real estate to cook on with out having to crowd things or rotate / pull food off ect ect . first cook was a great experience.

The mountaineers played a great game as well ......

Last edited:
Nice inaugural run!

Great color on those bones, and glad to hear the bird came out nicely.

I really do prefer getting chicken upwards of 325+ to help with the crispy skin... looks like your 270 will provide you a lot of good food and enjoyment.

Thanks for the pron!

Back