Martin's in Nashville and One and Only in Memphis

frognot

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Was in Tennessee this week and had BBQ in Nashville and Memphis. Went to Martin's Bar-B-Que Joint (4th Ave S in downtown Nashville) Saturday night. Quite a few people in line but orders were taken quickly and our food was delivered very fast. I had wet ribs, mac and cheese and baked beans and my nephew Glenn (Gatordawg) tried the brisket/ potato salad and beans. Excellent ribs and brisket and very tasty sides. My daughter got the smoked turkey and it was declared outstanding by our womenfolk.

If in Nashville y'all check em out! http://www.martinsbbqjoint.com/menu/

Attachments

• gzcDaub.jpg
    gzcDaub.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 62
  • eZ5jDog.jpg
    eZ5jDog.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 63
  • ElYIBPi.jpg
    ElYIBPi.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 63
Glenn and I took a family member to the Memphis airport on Wednesday so we had lunch at One and Only BBQ on Kirby Pkwy. We went with a sampler platter and had wet and dry ribs, brisket, pulled chicken and turkey. Ribs were excellent (my fave was the dry rub but they were a li'l salty for Glenn so he preferred the wet ribs). The menu states the brisket is not Texas style and it was more like corned beef to me. Turkey and chicken were okay but we mainly got them to take home. Sides were twice baked potato salad (winning side!), sweet potato fries and baked beans. We were given a complimentary appetizer of deviled eggs and they were a very nice starter.

So for this TN trip, One and Only BBQ in Memphis was good but Martin's was a lot better. In Memphis, I've only been to Germantown Commisary, Central BBQ and Rendevous (ranked in order of preferrence) and would place One and Only slightly behind Central BBQ.

http://oneandonlybbq.com/

Attachments

• nfhomZK.jpg
    nfhomZK.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Z6xjm71.jpg
    Z6xjm71.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 61
  • Mqnx6Wj.jpg
    Mqnx6Wj.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Frognot knocks the reviews out of the park! Great time by all but I will say next time at Martins I will have some more Turkey. That was a surprising find! Had a great time! Will have to do it again!

Back