It Has been....

Pyrotech

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
2 months since my last login.

Lately it seems I have stopped cooking out. My cookers have sat idle for far to long. both the Mini-WSM, the Discada, the Tandoor oven. and a brand new smokey joe still in the box.

Work has been crazy, and I finally am working with a decent crew again. I think the stress form working with the old crew, now since fired. has led to BBQ burnout of sorts. I have had trouble trying to justify the high cost of meat this summer. Since I cook for one right now. and I do not have freezer space to store leftovers. one of the Bad parts about living out a of a 28 foot tin can that passes as a travel trailer.

I need some ideas to help get my BBQ mojo back...

Burgers, Sausage, Chicken parts, etc are great smoked! Don't have to do a large chunks. Cooler will keep it good for a couple days worth of leftovers! Sounds like the new Smokey Joe needs some breakin in! Welcome back!

I'm with Enrico, everyone enjoys a great steak, definitely no leftovers with that choice.

2 months since my last login.

Lately it seems I have stopped cooking out. My cookers have sat idle for far to long. both the Mini-WSM, the Discada, the Tandoor oven. and a brand new smokey joe still in the box.

Work has been crazy, and I finally am working with a decent crew again. I think the stress form working with the old crew, now since fired. has led to BBQ burnout of sorts. I have had trouble trying to justify the high cost of meat this summer. Since I cook for one right now. and I do not have freezer space to store leftovers. one of the Bad parts about living out a of a 28 foot tin can that passes as a travel trailer.

I need some ideas to help get my BBQ mojo back...

Dang, Dude!!! Slap yerself in da face, fer cryin' out loud. Whatsa matter wid you, ya big cry baby?

OK, now we got dat outa da way, go grab yerself some sticks, rubs 'em together and git yerself some smoke going. Put SOMETHING on it, even if'n it's an el cheapo pack of weenies. Now sits yerself back a spell, pop a top, and take a sip. That better? Takes yerself another sip or two. Catch a waft of dat smoke in yer face. Ahhh, things be goin' much better now.

Who cares ya bein' by yerself? Me, too. Doesn't stop me from throwin' on a full slab, mebbe even two. Don't got no friens? Let that smoke drift. Now ya got some. Share some of dem ribs. Now ya gots friens fer life.

Ya think yer out too far in da boonies? Kick start that tin can yer livin' in and drive it to a Wally World parkin' lot. Now start up da smoker. Got friens now? I thot so.

If'n ya don't gots a good day, go cook one up. Git rib stuff all over yer face. Now, ain't life a bit better?

Cook up a meat loaf!! Then the next day you can make some awesome sammie's for your lunch too!!

Back