Enclosed Trailers

Team DD

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I have a patio smoker and I have some people asking me to cater some events for them. I am looking at getting an enclosed trailer for now until I get another pit that I can pull behind my truck.

For you guys that are in the similar situation, what size enclosed trailer will be good without being overkill? My smoker is about 4' x 6' overall dimensions.

Thanks for any input.

This answer is about as complicated as "What smoker should I buy".
Questions that you need to ask yourself are
What are the capabilities of my tow vehicle
Do I have space to store it
whats my budget

Trailers are pretty customizable if you talk to the right dealership. A 5x8 with the correct ceiling height would be a bare min. But how much other stuff do you want to store in it. I can tell you it sure is nice to be able to put everything in the trailer and not have a truck packed to the gills. So then you might start looking at 6x10-6x12. But wait, since your getting into that size, why not go 7x12-7x14 so you can set up tables and prep inside if the weather is bad. Then you can start looking at tandem axle trailers which pull much better and have better load ratings. But since your looking at prepping inside, maybe you want to go 8.5x16 and have permanent cabinets and counter tops set up and be able to leave your cooking stuff in it 24-7.

Pandora's Box my man.

This answer is about as complicated as "What smoker should I buy".
Questions that you need to ask yourself are
What are the capabilities of my tow vehicle
Do I have space to store it
whats my budget

Trailers are pretty customizable if you talk to the right dealership. A 5x8 with the correct ceiling height would be a bare min. But how much other stuff do you want to store in it. I can tell you it sure is nice to be able to put everything in the trailer and not have a truck packed to the gills. So then you might start looking at 6x10-6x12. But wait, since your getting into that size, why not go 7x12-7x14 so you can set up tables and prep inside if the weather is bad. Then you can start looking at tandem axle trailers which pull much better and have better load ratings. But since your looking at prepping inside, maybe you want to go 8.5x16 and have permanent cabinets and counter tops set up and be able to leave your cooking stuff in it 24-7.

Pandora's Box my man.

And then from there you start looking at toy haulers. Pandora's box is an understatement :thumb:

Wait a minute... I'll need a bigger truck too. I think that I'll enjoy pulling a gooseneck more...

Thanks guys, this actually did help me narrow my search down.

Back