• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Contest Announcment FBA FUN COOK with your FBA Brethren, Lake Wales, FL - 8/29 – 8/31, 2008

smokincracker

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
http://www.flbbq.org/funcook2008.pdf

Please accept this invitation from all your FBA Brethern to come and join us for a weekend of BBQ Fun. Jimmy / Rub / Kevin / Bubba / Jim / Kenny

The FBA Funcook is held this year on Labor Day weekend in Lake Wales, FL.
Aug 29th – Aug 31st 2008

My name is Jimmy Brod and I am on the Board of Directors for the FBA and also one of the organizers for the Fun Cook at Camp Mack.

The Funcook is an introduction to the FBA for new BBQ cooks and a Social event for seasoned FBA cooks.

The FBA has its annual meeting every year in conjunction with a Funcook designed to introduce people to the fun of competition BBQ and the benefits of The Florida BBQ Association to all BBQ enthusiast.

You do not have to be a member to participate however I urge you to join via our web site.
The membership is $35.00 a year and includes a subscription to the National BBQ News.

A cook team consists of a head cook and as many helpers he or she wishes to have.

http://www.flbbq.org/funcook2008.pdf The entry cost is $25.00 per category and you can enter each category as many times as you wish.

Prizes in each category will be awarded but you must enter all four categories to be eligible for grand or reserve grand prize overall. For example to enter all four categories the cost would be $100.00.

Reservations for a campsite are separate and should be made with the nice people at Camp Mack http://www.campmack.com/

The contest will take place on Sunday and most cooks will begin preparing their meat the day before and start cooking on Saturday PM.

The meat gets turned into the judges on Sunday (Chicken 11:00, Pork Ribs 12:00, Pork 1:00, Brisket 2:00)

All FBA contest rules apply and can be reviewed on the FBA web site. http://www.flbbq.org/fba_rules.htm

Most teams will arrive and get checked in on Friday August 29th in the afternoon.

On Saturday a cook team seminar is scheduled for new teams as well as several other events a pot luck dinner and a mandatory cook team meeting at 5:00 PM.

If you have any detailed questions please feel free to call or e-mail me:

863-381-1530 cell / brodman@strato.net

Thanks

Jimmy Brod

Attachments

• barnesville_reserve.jpg
    barnesville_reserve.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 72
  • bubba Sebring.jpg
    bubba Sebring.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Clermont 012.jpg
    Clermont 012.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 73
  • kenny sebring1.jpg
    kenny sebring1.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 72
  • kevin sebring.jpg
    kevin sebring.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 73
  • shane & Kevin sebring.jpg
    shane & Kevin sebring.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 70
  • forrest sebring.jpg
    forrest sebring.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 69
  • pics 021.jpg
    pics 021.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 70
Please accept this invitation from all your FBA Brethern to come and join us for a weekend of BBQ Fun. Jimmy / Rub / Kevin / Bubba / Jim / Kenny
It's a good thing its for fun! Right there is enough to scare a guy from sending in an entry fee! Glad you guys cook south!

Best of luck with your event!

It's a good thing its for fun! Right there is enough to scare a guy from sending in an entry fee! Glad you guys cook south!

Best of luck with your event!

AMEN--a really tough crowd! :oops:

Actually, we would love to come mix it up.
But, we have a really full fall schedule and the $$ are just not there.

Gonna be fun though.
I have heard some tales of what happens when it becomes "fun' in the FBA.:lol:

TIM

AMEN--a really tough crowd! :oops:

Actually, we would love to come mix it up.
But, we have a really full fall schedule and the $$ are just not there.

Gonna be fun though.
I have heard some tales of what happens when it becomes "fun' in the FBA.:lol:

TIM

Why Tim what ever do you mean?????:)

Why Tim what ever do you mean?????:)

I mean the travel $$ and lodging $$ are not there in our budget to add this one to our schedule! :oops:
Nothing more nor less.

But, Brent, Chad, and I will be out there this fall, for sure!
A really full schedule for us.

Ya'all have a great time and wish we could be there.

TIM

I mean the travel $$ and lodging $$ are not there in our budget to add this one to our schedule! :oops:
Nothing more nor less.

But, Brent, Chad, and I will be out there this fall, for sure!
A really full schedule for us.

Ya'all have a great time and wish we could be there.

TIM

we will miss u guys

Back