Small whole brisket

Lomey

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Picked up a small whole brisket at Costco yesterday to put on the Weber Kettle. Montreal seasoning, onion and garlic powder and red and black pepper blend. About 2.5 hours in.

The Weber is a great multipurpose grill, but I can't wait to get a new dedicated smoker. My old cheap offset finally rusted out after 12 years of good service so talking with a local bbq store about a Humphrey's Pint. Should hear back this week with a quote!
2a558d872ce9dfa010b8b61f4730c33e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Drive over to St. Louis BBQ store - they keep a few in stock.....

Drive over to St. Louis BBQ store - they keep a few in stock.....
I have talked to them, but want to customize the color so I need to order. My father also owned his own local business and always stressed buy local to support your community if possible.

Man, that's looking great! Love the color. Bet the aroma in your yard is killer! :grin:

Looks awesome! You will love the pint...mine is the best decision I have made!

First time not wrapping and I think it turned out pretty good!
b3b0658e20406667a8ac523dfab017c9.jpg
f5f413e9506d5cfc17308dd44b3d8f1d.jpg

In a rush to grub...looks like you sliced it wrong....gave up some tenderness to haste

Looks like You Did NOT slice against the grain.......:twitch:
OK...so tell me what I should have done. Do I slice it long ways? It sliced very easy and was tender. Not being confrontational, just asking to learn. I've done a quite few briskets in my day, but always open to suggestions. :confused:

You should slice perpendicular to the grain. You Sliced with the grain which makes the slices stringy.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sMIlyzRFUjU[/ame]

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=36-BOxajwyQ[/ame]

Look at this pic and then yours. In yours you see strings or strands of meat. Cutting against the grain you have a slice with just the ends or a small cross section of the strings/strands of meat and so has a more tender texture/feel/taste to it.

4exdjMal.jpeg

If you you like the stringy type slices -Cool - but most will like a slice cut against the grain better. :thumb: Now if you are gonna chop it all for chopped beef sammiches it don't matter which way you slice it.

Other than slicing it "wrong" your Brisket looks Great. :wink:

Last edited:
Back