Backyard Build

Muscrat

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I started building this thing a week ago and haven't taken very many pics. I building this thing for my oldest son for a fundraiser on a trip to Washington DC, It'll be raffled of on a football board. I built it like I did the big comp cooker just smaller. Insulated box and all. I got a wild hair and decided to pant it myself. It came out pretty good BUT there was one minor major snafu. 3 hours after I painted it I noticed a small holiday in the paint on the back side so I loaded up the gun with more paint and covered it up but since the temp had gotton up about 15 degrees the paint didn't blend so it doesn't match. SO I'll paint it all over again tomorrow. The pics aren't very good. I'll post some with the new paint job and with all the accessories added.

Last edited:
Thanks for the positive feed back. I enjoy building the backyard cookers. I does suck knowing that I'll never get to light a fire in it. I'll have it around till thanksgiving and that's when it'll be given away.

looks nice, and I am sure the winner won't care about the paint.

looks nice, and I am sure the winner won't care about the paint.
You would think!!!
I did a football board once for a pickup, $20 a square and the winner bitched cause the a/c didn't work. They bought one square. HMMM.

Very nice!
Peeps we are gonna be in your neck of the woods on Oct 25th and 26th at northstar dragway. I think we are gonna bring Shanaynay and cook some stuff up. If ya like dragracing come by.

You do good work brotha really brotherly of you to raffle that off, my grandparents used to live in Joshua, I think the winner of that pit will be really happy I know I would.:thumb:

Great lookin pit there.
Someone will be really happy with that fine lookin and cookin creation of yours.

Back