• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bigmista's Barbecue & Sammich Shop

DUBBAGA

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
The "Help Big Mista Out" thread has come to a close. It's amazing how much has happened since spicewine started it on 1/23/2014. Channeling my inner Tonybel, here is some mood music

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egX9N8yOgaU"]Goodnight Sweetheart Goodnight - YouTube[/ame]

But for the good news... THEY ARE OPEN (just not today :cry:)

3444 N Los Coyotes Diagonal
Long Beach, CA 90808

When you go... and you will go... please take a moment to leave them a review, proclaiming to everyone far and wide, that they have REAL. GOOD. MEAT.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bigmistas-barbecue-and-sammich-shop-long-beach

Grand Opening

Just got home from Bigmista's Barbecue & Sammich Shop, and had another amazing meal.

Today was their grand opening, and they had some of their usual menu items (sold out of brisket and pulled pork :tsk:), along with specials which include pig candy, pastrami, rib tips and Q-buns.

Got 1lb ribs (huge ribs, 1lb = 4 ribs), 1/2 lb rib tips, 1/2 lb turkey, 1/4 lb pastrami, pork and brisket Q-buns, and mac & cheese. What a feast!!!

If the turkey last week was great, today was outrageous. It was dripping all over, so moist! And the pastrami was like none I have ever had before - no wonder Bigmista is so well know for it.

When I got there, a few people in front of me were two of Neil's original teammates on his competition bbq team 4Q (BBQ Junkie and Professor Salt were there... Sylvie aka Lady of Q was teaching at a bbq class elsewhere), and before I left Just BS arrived for a meal as well. Both times there I have seen Brethren support, it's like a mini-bash every visit.

In closing... the Q-bun was a great menu addition. These might be your new signature item :clap2:

Good to see ya there DUBBAGA.

My brother lives right around the corner from Neil's new place, so I made the hour drive but got there a little late and they were sold out of a lot of good stuff. They were working on it and said they'd have brisket in about an hour. I heard them talking about the pork and said it was at temp but wouldn't pull. Yep, that's real BBQ and its done when its done.

Ordered a half dozen brisket stuffed buns to go and placed an mega order of BAPOM (Big Ass Pile Of Meat) and said I'd be back in an hour. Passed out the buns at my brothers and they were a huge hit.

When I came back the line was still out the door. Big Mrs remembered me and I got my order quickly. Took it back to my brothers and it got devoured before I could take a pic. Ribs, brisket. pulled pork and pastrami. My brother who doesn't liked smoked food was hooked and will be a local there. The spicy sauce is off the hook!

G'luck BIGMISTA, you got a good thing going there. :clap2:

Glad to see you finally opened!

What are you cooking on? Do you sauce all your plates?

Lookin to come out next spring and hope to catch up with ya! :thumb:

It is a must go destination if I get in that neck of the woods - Thanks

The bowls and sammichs are served sauced, unless it is requested on the side. The meats I have ordered (pork, brisket, ribs, rib tips, turkey, pastrami) have all been served unsauced automatically

That video was fantastic! You really get a sense of family and pride. That's what it's all about! Wishing you the best of fortunes to come!!

That's a really cool video. Glad to see you were able to muscle through all the hurdles!

Looks like the fam and I will be passing by that way on Saturday - we'll stop by for some eats! :hungry: :whoo:

Glad to see you finally opened!

What are you cooking on? Do you sauce all your plates?

Lookin to come out next spring and hope to catch up with ya! :thumb:

Cooking on the Spicewine right now. Sauce is on the side unless you ask for it on top. Looking forward to seeing you!

Haven't even had Neil's que but have had his sauce (unless he's changed the recipe since 9 years ago). Good stuff!

Yep, gotta Cali trip planned for 2015 . . .

Haven't even had Neil's que but have had his sauce (unless he's changed the recipe since 9 years ago). Good stuff!

Yep, gotta Cali trip planned for 2015 . . .

Dude - let us know! We'll bash it up! :whoo:

If you need any info or anything at all - holler!

Just to throw it out there - Phu and crew might possibly be headed this way in 2015 is well - not sure yet - but if y'all's visits were in synch that would be fanfarkingtastic!

Anyway - back to topic - I've been thinking about pastrami for a couple days and will be thinking about it until Saturday. Hoping to get my hands on one (or 2 or 3) of those meat/bread thingees as well.

I'll be there end of June 2015.

Cool! We should put something together for while you're here for sure. We can cook, eat, and discuss why Jack Reacher didn't get any in the last book. :thumb:

Holler if you need anything!

If you haven't checked out the Yelp page, you should read the reviews. All (but 1) are extremely positive ... not like anyone here would be surprised. The lone negative is because the person wasn't able to get the food that he had been reading rave reviews about. In time he will return, and then will be hooked

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bigmistas-barbecue-and-sammich-shop-long-beach

Back