Vietnam Vet BBQ for the families

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I am a Vietnam Vet and very sensitive to the financial difficulties of the military and their families.
We are doing a BBQ for the troops and their families on Dec. 13th. My BBQ buds and myself are committed to feeding up to 400 people on Dec 13 at Camp Parks in Dublin, CA. This is the only time when the returning troops have a time to meet with the deploying troops and their families. We are doing this for the 368th Military Intelligence Battalion Christmas Party and Send-Off event.
We will be feeding them pulled pork, tri-tip, grilled chicken breast, mac and cheese, veggies, hot dogs, chili and Caesar salad. We will have a professional Santa (Veteran) and the USO will be helping us out with plates and stuff.
Any help you can give us towards the cost of the food (we will be cooking and serving it all) would be most appreciated.
We need to raise about $2600 to get this going. Donations can go to martyleach@yahoo.com on paypal.com.
Thanks so much.
Marty

I'm expecting you have Bob's BIL in charge of cooking the turkeys -- there will be turkeys, right? I'm also expecting a write-up on his revolutionary cooking techniques. Otherwise, this will be a pretty boring event from our perspective, and I may have to ask for a refund. :becky:

On a more serious note, thanks for this fine work you're doing. I am proud and honored to share this forum with such wonderful people, and I consider myself privileged to be able to contribute to this wonderful cause.

Last edited:
Not sure what is going on, pay pal site is down. As soon as it is working again and I'm home from work I'll be sending some $$ your way.
Thank you for supporting the troops! And for YOUR service!

Good morning Marty,
As a 3rd generation veteran and still serving (37 years next month) I would like to thank you for your service to this country and to our troops. They deserve the efforts of you and your friends. I am sending my donation your way, and I have also sent you a friend request on FB. It's always good to connect with a fellow Brother in Arms.

Many Brethren and family kick in, as well as many local friends who wish to express their gratitude.

BBQ_PD
Groundhog66
SirPorkalot
ChuckwagonBBQ
Shares
Smokejumper
Huminie
R2eggRQ

and I am sure I am forgetting some, are all committed to this years feed. The NorCal crew always steps forward. Also, thanks to MotoEric for all of his support behind the scenes.

Back