PIZZA on my new EGG {PrOn}

trucky9754

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I decided to try out my pizza making ability on my new EGG tonight. Did a simple pizza with just burger, pepperonni, onion and green pepper. Of course I used fresh mozz. cheese which is great. I can't believe how good the egg cooks pizza's. This is going to be a wonderful addition to my outside cooking units.

Trucky9754

cooking on
Fast Eddy FEC100
Large Big Green Egg
C/S sm009
Weber Gasser
2 X Ultra-accurate Thermopen RED of course.
Official MOINKER since 2010
KCBS Member
7 X 14 Competition Trailer

Attachments

• pizza4.jpg
    pizza4.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 449
  • pizza3.jpg
    pizza3.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 448
  • pizza2.jpg
    pizza2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 448
  • pizza1.jpg
    pizza1.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 447
Outstanding pies!
May I ask what temperature did you cook your pies at and for how long?

Nice pizza...

The consensus for a new Egg is to do several low temp cooks to set the gasket before doing any higher temp cooks.

Store bought pizza does't cut it after tasting one off the egg. Try your favorite BBQ sauce with chicken, mozz, sun dried tomatoes and cilantro.

Ron I heard that also about doing a couple of low cooks, so I cooked burgers for lunch and then hotdogs for supper yesterday which were low temp cooks. The pizza tonight was done at about 425 so it wasn't really that high of a temperature.

Trucky9754

cooking on
Fast Eddy FEC100
Large Big Green Egg
C/S sm009
Weber Gasser
2 X Ultra-accurate Thermopen RED of course.
Official MOINKER since 2010
KCBS Member
7 X 14 Competition Trailer

I bought 2 pizza doughs on Monday for my first attempt as well. The dough was big enough that I decided to cut it into 2 pieces. I didn't let the grill heat up enough and I tried to go at a bit too low of a temp on the first one. I also had the diffuser set with it down and the pizza stone on top of the 'legs' of the diffuser (place setter). That didn't seem to be heating the stone enough so the top was getting done, but not the bottom.
I flipped the diffuser, granked the heat up and the 2nd one was amazing.

They were so good, we took the 2nd hunk of pizza dough and made 2 more last night.

Pizza 2 nights in a row is a real oddity to me. I haven't done that since college.

BGE pizza is fantastic.

That looks farking awesomE. I showed the wife she said it looked great. then I said I needed an Egg and she said I should get one BUT I would need to sell one of my guns to afford it:tsk:

GREAT LOOKIN' PIZZA!
You're not far from Raymond, I'll swing by for some leftovers, if there are any....

That looks farking awesomE. I showed the wife she said it looked great. then I said I needed an Egg and she said I should get one BUT I would need to sell one of my ***guns*** to afford it:tsk:
that is one mean spouse u got there:laugh:

After a few more low cooks, you might try a high heat pizza. It will cook in about 2 minutes if you get the temp over 700, and it will be fantabulous! (not that your results look bad there at all!)

that is one mean spouse u got there:laugh:

I can`t complain to much when I was trying to deside buying a smoker or building a UDS she said buy one then build the UDS as you have time. She is right though she got laid off last month so to afford it now I would need to sell one. I just can`t bring myself to deside between the Colt AR-15 the M14 or my prized 1952 Winchester Model 70.

I can`t complain to much when I was trying to deside buying a smoker or building a UDS she said buy one then build the UDS as you have time. She is right though she got laid off last month so to afford it now I would need to sell one. I just can`t bring myself to deside between the Colt AR-15 the M14 or my prized 1952 Winchester Model 70.
the colt would be the 1st to go! its a toss up ...but i'ed hang on to that m-14 :thumb:

Back