weber kettle vs pk grill

I'm going with a Performer at this price point. A really nice one, with cover.
No question.
Hey OP - grab a used 22" Kettle off Craigslist for $50 and learn how to smoke on a kettle.
Then decide - but - GET SMOKINNNNNNNNNNG!!!!!!!!

Hey, I didn't know they still made those. I would really consider one, much like Wagnerwear/Magnalite, those things cook in a different way. I would love to have one for roasting poultry and many other types of meat.

I am a Kettle guy, but, I think that would make a great cooker as well.

I've always been curious about the PK Grill, but not curious to buy one :-D

If one showed up on CL for a steal I'd give it a shot.

But... It's hard to beat a Weber!

My next grill is gonna be a PK the ole Weber is getting close to done it's gave me 26 yrs of good service the PK I should be able to will to the Grandson

Will never rust!!!! Got a lid. Ivecooked a lot of great meals on old Aussie style grils. This one looks like it will last. Hopefully taller than a weber. The older I get the lessi like to stoop.

have the weber otg ,lodge hibachi, old smokey. there is something very appealing about the pk, except the$350 price. Weber still gets most use

The FIL has a Pk. I guess he likes it. But he's no grill master. I've cooked on it once. It wasn't very roomy and it was too zonal for me(hot here, cold there). And it's not very tall.. stooping is involved.

Neither one will be a disappointment

The way the lid is hinged to the short side of the grill makes the PK aesthetically unappealing to me. I cant get past that. The rest doesn't matter if I can't get past the way it looks.

PK Grill

already have a weber otg, Lodge hibachi, old smokey 18" & weber gas silver. Do I really need a PK Grill? But they seem so cool. Anyone have experience?

Mod Note:

I merged this new thread into your thread on the same subject from a couple of weeks ago. That way all of the information is in one thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have one, but know a few people who do.....Portable Kitchen is an American icon like Weber, just less well known......

http://www.pkgrills.com/

They are a good cooker for certain things.....a great griller as far as I've seen....

already have a weber otg, Lodge hibachi, old smokey 18" & weber gas silver. Do I really need a PK Grill? But they seem so cool. Anyone have experience?
No. If you like your Weber, you can keep your Weber. Promise.:biggrin1:
If you have to buy something, why not a 26 inch Weber kettle, or go big and get a Ranch.

I will be adding one to my collection by spring, It's been on my want list for longer than I can remember. My Gramps had one back in the 60's my cousin is still using it. They might seem a little pricey but for Cast aluminum & SS that just keeps on tickin you get your money back. I'm on my 3rd Weber in 30 yrs so buy once cry once.

The PK seems like a durable, well built, little pit. I bet it would last forever and put out some good chow. That said, I would still opt for a weber. Reasons: Grate space, grate height, availabilty of parts, product versatility, add on's or extras, and mostly because Webers have never let me down. Not to say the PK doesn't have some of those reasons listed under it's belt as well. It just doesn't have them all. My .02, and, either way you go you get a new toy. winner winner !

Back