Big weekend

T&S BBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hello Brethren, thought Id post yesterdays cook. Decided to get ready for a long winter by smoking some meat to get me by if the weather turns bad. Started by brining a turkey Saturday to go on Sunday morning. Yesterday I coated the turkey with oil and rubbed with some seasoning salt, then put on the old Brinkman sportsman smoker. When that was going I started the PCC and rubbed down a couple of pork butts with Eats Hero to Zero and put them on when the smoker came up to temp, the wife said she bought a couple Maple sausages, so we added them to the smoker. We had some people coming over last night for a little holiday get together so we decided to make some Moink balls. I have not made them before, but they were easy and WOW they were good. Made them with the same rub as the butts and coated with Blues Hog original. We had smoked turkey sandwiches and Moink balls at the get together,and everyone thought the food was outstanding. The pork butts were on the smoker for about 5 hours, then we wrapped and kept them on till 198 degrees, then put in a cooler to rest for 2 hours. When the guests left we unwrapped the butts and pulled the meat. I have to say it was the best pork I have ever done. It was juicy without even adding the juice back in, and it pulled apart better than ever.The flavor was outstanding, I'm not sure if it was the really damp weather yesterday that kept everything moist or just luck, but the end results were great. Got a little rushed when the guests showed up so did not get as many pictures as Id like. Thanks for looking.
IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1030.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

Great cook! All looks real good and awesome pit. I love PCC.

Great cook! All looks real good and awesome pit. I love PCC.

It works out great with the Meat Monster trailer, I can change the tow arms and either pull with my truck or change it and pull around my yard with my mower.

Looks good to me... especially the MOINKs! Nice job. No doubt your guests were happy!

Looks good to me... especially the MOINKs! Nice job. No doubt your guests were happy!

My wife has raved about your Moink balls at the bash, it was her favorite thing that day, so thats why I tried them. They are now our favorite appetizer. Thanks

Back