What you cooking for Christmas?

mike-cleveland

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
With Christmas coming up, what will you be cooking or what will your family be cooking?

I picked up a strip loin yesterday for Christmas. I think it was about 16 lbs. We will also be having a ham.

Prosciutto and spinach stuffed pork loin, probably smoke some nuts for apps.

Big ol' pork butt, cooked on the Smokin-it #2, injected with apple juice and worcestershire sauce to an IT of 205!!:clap2:

prime rib roast, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and root veggies, gravy, salad, raspberry/cranberry tart with fresh whipped cream.

adult beverages.... :)

8 racks of pork spares and a 10 pound chuckie (if my butcher can do one that big. Might be 2 smaller ones). We have a BIG family.

Not sure about Christmas Day, but on Christmas Eve we do the traditional seven fishes.
I think its the best meal of the year in our house. Lots of people, food, tradition and love.
I can't wait.

We're having the traditional Christmas dinner with a Louisiana-Cajun twist. I ga-ron-tee nobody is going to be walking too far afterward.. :biggrin1:

We do something different every year. This year is a baked potato bar. Brisket, pulled pork , homemade chili, and all the usual stuff you might stuff in a baked potato. We have done German, Italian, Mexican, Southern comfort, Surf and turf, Cajun, Hamburger and hotdogs, etc... Like I said we change it up. Everybody gets plenty of ham and turkey everywhere else!

My wife wants to go Mexican this year. Grilled flank steak and peppers for fajitas. tacos, refried beans etc along with some ABTs. Oyster stew for Christmas eve.

Doing pork loin this year. I did a test cook last week to check and see how it would turn out and it was great. Looking forward to Christmas dinner.

Fresh Ham from a farm nearby, to be brined...into the smoker...

Filet Mignon with red wine reduction sauce....Grilled...

Best ever garlicy potatoes. Small new red potatoes, garlic, onion, butter...yum

Haricot verts with almond butter. French green beans...

Just cooking for 25...

Really looking forward to it!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

Last edited:
A SRF brisket and a small hog. The brisket is going on the Vault and the hog on the Shirley offset. Hoping to smoke the whole neighborhood out:p

Beef rib roast. Negotiating with the wife over whether I can smoke it or not.

Boneless leg of lamb roasts, and a turkey.
Probably some moinks for snacks night before.

Just the cats and me this year. So it's Subway and Purina for us.

I've got a ten pound pork butt thawing, gonna
brine it a while till it gets hammy and then show it some love with a little black cherry....
the rest of the menu will be pure comfort foodstuffs...
bbq beans, cheap mac and cheese, corn bread....some kinda pie...

Back