• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

PBC Meal --- All hung!

AClarke44

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
There's a Spinning and Hanging Throw Down this week and I thought I'd see if I could whip up anything worth entering. Tonight I made Baby back ribs, corn, and sweet potato all hung in the PBC. I'll probably make a couple (few) hangin meals this week and enter the one that turns out the best. So, here we go with the first cook.....Ribs, corn, sweet potato

Here's the ribs all rubbed and ready to be hung. They are rubbed with some brown sugar and Pit Barrel All Purpose rub...
20150726_155857_zpsfcwc31ml.jpg

Next comes the sweet potato. I let the ribs cook about an hour and a half before adding the potato. I rubbed the potato with a little olive oil and wrapped it in foil
20150726_173203_zpssg6sbx7q.jpg

Here it is wrapped with some foil hooks for hangin
20150726_173400_zpswyprxqgl.jpg

Here's the first shot of the ribs and potato cookin up
20150726_174406_zpssvacrnft.jpg

Next came the corn. I put this on about 45 min before I thought the ribs would be checked for doneness. The corn is wrapped in foil with a pad of butter and a little Pit Barrel All Purpose rub.
20150726_183225_zps2y2arowr.jpg

Here's the corn ready for the PBC.
20150726_183309_zpskxixxoxi.jpg

Now we have everything in the PBC cookin away
20150726_183653_zpslkjibcuk.jpg

The ribs are done, corn is done, and sweet potato needs about 10-15 more min. Perfect time for the ribs to rest.
20150726_194722_zpse9vjkzok.jpg

And we are done. Everything turned out delicious.....Here's a couple finished shots! :becky:
20150726_200055_zpssdz05rfx.jpg

Yum!!!
20150726_200043_zpssgp59zxc.jpg

Looks great. I did BB ribs and corn as well today. Left the husk on the corn and put the hook thru the bottom of the cob and cooked for about 50 minutes. Came out pretty tasty with a hint of smokiness.

Looks great. I did BB ribs and corn as well today. Left the husk on the corn and put the hook thru the bottom of the cob and cooked for about 50 minutes. Came out pretty tasty with a hint of smokiness.

Thanks! So you gonna enter the TD? :thumb:

Just a clarification question, Andrew. Are the potato and corn hanging from PBC hooks covered in foil or did you twist the foil itself into hooks?

Just a clarification question, Andrew. Are the potato and corn hanging from PBC hooks covered in foil or did you twist the foil itself into hooks?

I just used the foil to make the hooks. Didn't use the PBC hooks for the corn and potato.

Looks tasty! Why didn't you hang the corn and potatoes like I showed y'all....even Bob is evidently doing it.

I'm hanging 2 dozen ears this weekend...did 18 a few weeks back.

Looks tasty! Why didn't you hang the corn and potatoes like I showed y'all....even Bob is evidently doing it.

I'm hanging 2 dozen ears this weekend...did 18 a few weeks back.

Thanks Keith! I just wanted to try it in the foil the first time. Plus I wanted to try wrapping it with the butter. I'll probably try your method next time. :thumb:

Back