• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Traded Kayak for Smoker + accessories

Highway robbery, if only he would have tried out that WSM he never would have made that trade!

more like swanky sub-division robbery :-D

i think its now at where it deserves to be, and will be used by someone who is thankful to have it and will take very good care of it. she aint no garage queen anymore, and i think she likes her new home :thumb:

Great trade, Dave. With all of that, you could have gone out and bought a canoe to trade. Since you already have a WSM, you know you will enjoy it. I had a 22" WSM at one time and it worked great. Good luck, Joe

What a great trade and it will only get better...Think about where that kayak will be in November when you are blowing thin blue on a full load of brisket and butts!

We look forward to your first adventure.

"Trade a man your kayak for his smoker.... eats well for a lifetime..."

"Trade a man his smoker for your kayak...make videos of your pathetic-starving self going over silly waterfalls..."

Aaron Franklin

i originally offered him my sportsman 111 w/40 lb minn kota (no battery), he said he hated those, then i told him about the boxed kayak and he asked if i had paddles, i said yep and vests too, then he said if it floats its a done deal. i couldnt believe it, and didnt till i was driving away.

Tremendous pickup !!!

You'll love cooking on that beast....and, a little off-topic, but it reminded me of a slice of the "Best of Craigslist" thing I saw & saved years ago....

Date: 2008-07-21, 10:21PM EDT

So, you finally realized that kayaks are work. You would much rather replace all that sweaty paddling with a cool, shady nap under a wide-brim hat dreaming of nachos.

You think about all the space in your garage that kayak's taking up and just start to count how many jars of salsa you could fit on that shelf.

You remember last Cinco de Mayo when you showed up to the big party sans sombrero. Someone threw a bell pepper at your head.

Don't you think it's about time you traded in that kayak for a nice comfortable sombrero?

Okay. How about I also throw in a pinata with 300 dollars worth of loose change?

Think about it...If you no longer need that 10-12 foot sit on top kayak, I have a sombrero that----and I'm not even lying-----would look stunning on you.

You think you look good in that poncho of yours, you just wait until the ladies get a load of you in that sombrero. Meow, indeed.

Call [DELETED] to talk details about what's been missing in your life (my sombrero).

I have an extra kayak laying around. Maybe I should offer it up for a smoker trade! Yours looks like brand new!

Back